Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X8 and Cyanogenmod 7 help!

• 03-08-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭

I rooted my X8 so I am currently running Cyanogenmod 7 - 122 Hackdroid. I have xRecevory and Busybox. I want to upgrade to the 138 version so I'm asking ye how do I do that?! :o

I have downloaded the zip file. Do I unzip? Where do I move it to on my phone?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kierancos

Did you not install cyanogenmod rom yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kierancos wrote: »
    Did you not install cyanogenmod rom yourself?

I did, but that was a while back and I can't remember how I did it! I followed it step by step but I know I don't have to start from the very beginning again to upgrade it.

So where do I start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You can have it anywhere on the phone.
    You must boot into recovery mode, or maybe use rom manager if it's for your phone. Then point them where you placed the zip and it should install.

Are you using xrecovery ?
    How?
    Press BACK button few times right after white SE logo appears.

Controls:
    Use VOLUME-UP and VOLUME-DOWN to browse, HOME to select, BACK to go back.

Features:

* ADB root shell

* Reboot
    * Install update.zip from SD Card
    * Factory reset (full wipe)
    * Wipe cache partition
    * Install custom zip
    * Backup and Restore
    * Partition tools
    o Mount/unmount partitions
    o Format partitions
    o Mount as USB Storage
    * Advanced options

Use the Install custom zip option and browse to where you put the zip.

Info from here.

Ste- wrote: »
    You can have it anywhere on the phone.
    You must boot into recovery mode, or maybe use rom manager if it's for your phone. Then point them where you placed the zip and it should install.

Are you using xrecovery ?

Use the Install custom zip option and browse to where you put the zip.

Info from here.

I did all this and when I rebooted from xrecovery after clicking on the rom, I checked the phone info and it said I was still running 122. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Sorry for the bump, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm trying to install a custom rom for my X8 but they say that I need the latest baseband (...015) but my phone has ...006.

Im just wondering if anyone could give a clear explanation on how to do this.. Please excuse these noobish questions :o

My phone is rooted and has Xrecovery installed already :)

Thanks

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    I did all this and when I rebooted from xrecovery after clicking on the rom, I checked the phone info and it said I was still running 122. :confused:

Did you select the newer rom in recovery ?
    ciano1 wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump, I'm just wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm trying to install a custom rom for my X8 but they say that I need the latest baseband (...015) but my phone has ...006.

Im just wondering if anyone could give a clear explanation on how to do this.. Please excuse these noobish questions :o

My phone is rooted and has Xrecovery installed already :)

Thanks

Have a read of this.

Did you select the newer rom in recovery ?

[/URL]

Yeah I did. It was a rar file so I extracted it and compressed it again and called it update.zip. When I chose it, it just flickers quickly and goes back to the xrecovery menu.

When I do the advanced restore, it says "couldn't open directory, no files found."

Yeah I did. It was a rar file so I extracted it and compressed it again and called it update.zip. When I chose it, it just flickers quickly and goes back to the xrecovery menu.

When I do the advanced restore, it says "couldn't open directory, no files found."

What files are in the rar file ?

cache.img
    data.img
    nandroid.md5
    system.img

cache.img
    data.img
    nandroid.md5
    system.img

Copy those files to a directory on the sdcard in your backup recovery folder and then choose advanced restore and do each by each.

I.e. Clockwordmod directory > backups>

I presume Xrecovery has a similar folder structure.

• Advertisement

Copy those files to a directory on the sdcard in your backup recovery folder and then choose advanced restore and do each by each.

I.e. Clockwordmod directory > backups>

I presume Xrecovery has a similar folder structure.

No luck with it. When I tried to copy the system.img file it wouldn't paste properly.

I'm thinking of just starting from scratch again and trying the kuyaDROID rom.

It is important to backup your latest Rom
    Be careful to select the recovery for the update.zip
    In recovery select "install custom zip", or you can rename it first to "update.zip" then select "install update.zip from SD Card"
    If you came from CM7, the update zip would not remove your data partition, its only removed cache and dalvik-cache.
    If you upgrading from eclair or froyo, do "Factory reset (full wipe)"
    Reboot. first boot will take a while and wait for a moment before using it.

What does the bolded it part actually mean?

Advertisement