Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography course/club in Trim

Options
  • 03-08-2011 10:05pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in doing a beginners photography course in Trim. There was an evening one due to run in Boyne Community College last Sept., but they didn't get the numbers. I think the advanced course ran.

Anyone interested in attending a similar course? If we can get a few people who would be interested I'm sure they'd run one in September.

On a broader note, would there be any interest in starting a camera club in Trim?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

Hi it would be a great idea if you get normal people who take pictures not nerds with Nikons who love to talk about how much they cost. Count me in

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

PauloMN wrote: »
    I'm interested in doing a beginners photography course in Trim.

Why not try the one we're doing in Navan Camera Club - starts in Sept and runs for 8 weeks. It's pretty good and doesn't cost a fortune.
    On a broader note, would there be any interest in starting a camera club in Trim?

Hmmm, interesting question. I think there's about five of us from Trim in the Navan club. Not sure if Trim would generate the numbers being so close to Navan. No harm putting out a feeler. Will keep an eye on this one.
    Hi it would be a great idea if you get normal people who take pictures not nerds with Nikons who love to talk about how much they cost. Count me in

What sort of response is that? Are you implying that people with Nikons are not normal and don't take pictures? If you want to exclude people with Nikons and (presumably) Canons, then your club is going to be pretty small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I for one am extremely interested!!!

QUOTE What sort of response is that? Are you implying that people with Nikons are not normal and don't take pictures? If you want to exclude people with Nikons and (presumably) Canons, then your club is going to be pretty small.[/QUOTE]

I am saying I would be interested in a club without posers or people who are full of jargaon and technical terms. I dont mind what they have I am a Stooge with a Sony. I meet a lot of photograpers and they are not really into photography more into gadgets and technology.If you need an example of waffle I can supply a good one which leaves me clueless and afraid of the nerds I might meet at a Camera Club.

I am saying I would be interested in a club without posers or people who are full of jargaon and technical terms. I dont mind what they have I am a Stooge with a Sony. I meet a lot of photograpers and they are not really into photography more into gadgets and technology.If you need an example of waffle I can supply a good one which leaves me clueless and afraid of the nerds I might meet at a Camera Club.

I've been in Navan Camera Club for the past few years and the only "Posers" are the models we've had in the studio - posing for photos.
    Unfortunately photography is full of jargon and technical terms - that's just the way it is. An f stop is an f stop and there's no other way to describe it, other than it's technical term (jargon).

You meet a lot of "photographers" who are not into photography?
    By your own definition they are not photographers - just people with cameras. If you want to meet "photographers" then join a camera club - it's usually pretty full of photographers - not nerds as you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I'd be into joining a Trim Photography club! So count me in as well!! PS I don't have a Nikon! ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great that there's a bit of interest in this, thanks all for the replies. So there's two separate bits really - the beginners course and the club. If anyone else is interested in the course in Trim, let me know so I can get a rough head-count, then I can approach the Community College before the night classes come around again. If enough people are interested, then hopefully they can run one. If not, I'll definitely look into the one in Navan camera club.

As regards a club in Trim, again if people are interested, let me know and maybe we can meet up to discuss it further. It would be great to get your input on this pullandbang as you are already in the Navan club.

Thanks all!

If anyone else is interested in the course in Trim, let me know so I can get a rough head-count, then I can approach the Community College before the night classes come around again. If enough people are interested, then hopefully they can run one.

AFAIK the guy that runs our course also does one or two elsewhere as night classes. I'll ask him if he's interested in doing one in the Trim school if you want or maybe the school already has someone on their books?. Not quite sure how those things work but I think it's a case of enough people willing to take the course and the availability of a presenter/tutor.

There is another guy in Navan who also runs classes in one of the Navan schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

here you go

yes its in navan, but I really recommend it

http://beaufort.enrol.ie/BFCSept2011/viewClassDetails.php

http://beaufort.enrol.ie/BFCSept2011/viewClassDetails.php

Neil Mcshane -great guy, good teacher

I would go with the art of photography one - you go on a field trip, very useful

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

AFAIK the guy that runs our course also does one or two elsewhere as night classes. I'll ask him if he's interested in doing one in the Trim school if you want or maybe the school already has someone on their books?. Not quite sure how those things work but I think it's a case of enough people willing to take the course and the availability of a presenter/tutor.

There is another guy in Navan who also runs classes in one of the Navan schools.

I emailed Boyne CS and they said they were not able to get the tutor they used before. If there's enough interest in the classes maybe we could organise something with your guy Pullandbang. If not, I'll probably try and get to the Navan one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GerryB222

I would also be interested in a beginners course!!!:)

Hi

I am still interested in theclub in Trim. Has a meeting been arranged. The Castle Arch Hotel is great as it is quiet after 9 and the staff are helpful.No need to book anywhere.

Well the beginners course started last Tuesday in the Navan club and I suspect it's well and truly booked out judging by the huge crowd we had on registration night.

Hi all,

Boyne CS in Trim have been on to me about a photography course for Spring '12 - again it's based on having enough people and a tutor available.

Can I get an idea of how many would be interested? Also P&B, would anyone (yourself included!) from your club be interested in tutoring?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Also P&B, would anyone (yourself included!) from your club be interested in tutoring?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Heaven forbid :eek:

I wouldn't be interested in tutoring but I will ask the three tutors we have in the club. They already do courses in various places so they might be up for another one.
    I also wouldn't be interested in a beginners course either because I've covered all that - just need the practise now :)

Heaven forbid :eek:

I wouldn't be interested in tutoring but I will ask the three tutors we have in the club. They already do courses in various places so they might be up for another one.
    I also wouldn't be interested in a beginners course either because I've covered all that - just need the practise now :)

Thanks, that would be great. If any of them are interested in teaching the classes in Trim, I'll give them the name of the lady in the school who looks after the adult education as I've no idea how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I just finished the "Art of Photography" course in Navan with Neil McShane and it was excellent. There was a big turn out for the course, as most of the people there thought it was a beginners course (the course assumed people knew the basics of photography).

If you advertise this well you should get a lot of interest.

Spring '12 evening classes in Boyne Community School have an 8 week digital photography course running on Mondays:
    http://www.boyneadulteducation.com/boyne_000003.html

There's also a Photoshop course running on Wednesdays:
    http://www.boyneadulteducation.com/boyne_000002.html

Anyone interested please do enroll, otherwise the courses will be cancelled as per last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Et2011

'Spring '12 evening classes in Boyne Community School have an 8 week digital photography course running on Mondays:
    http://www.boyneadulteducation.com/boyne_000003.html'

I have registered for this course, does anyone know if it is definitely going ahead as I haven't heard anything yet?

Will depend on numbers. I've enrolled, but I also did last time and it was cancelled due to lack of numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Et2011

I called the school and it is going ahead they said they have enough numbers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vikingdiver

Has a photography club been established in Trim ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Has a photography club been established in Trim ??

I don't think so. Navan would be the nearest photography/camera club in the area. I think a few people from Trim go there (or at least used to in the last few years). Supposed to be a good club too.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Navan would be the nearest photography/camera club in the area. I think a few people from Trim go there

Still a few brave souls make the trip.....:)

Advertisement