Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where could I get an at&t or verizon sim card

Options
  • 03-08-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an unlocked nokia and will be in the states for a week, so i was thinking would it be cheaper to get an american sim card and use in the nokia to ring home, I know that the area I will be staying in has patchy coverage and is served by at&t and verizon.
    Would anyone know where I could get either from and would it work in an unlocked irish nokia.
    I'm afraid that when i get there that there mightn't be any vodafone coverage and also that i could be bankrupted from ringing home to my lil savages. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

verizon don't do sim cards. t mobile and at&t are yer only hope unless you can find some mom & pop GSM network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

AT&T is the only option because Verizon use CDMA which means the sim is built into the phone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

T-Mobile is also an option. Both AT&T and T-Mobile have shops around, but you can also buy el-cheapo phones ($30) including a SIM card at any Walmart. SIM cards alone can only be bought at the operator's shops.

Advertisement