Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor online delivery time

Options
  • 03-08-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Just bought a HTC on billpay off the website. Anyone know when I can expect to receive the phone? They're saying up to 4 days to be sent a contract, then I have to send it back, then wait for confirmation, then wait for delivery...does it usually take a while or?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

Hi I would like to know this also, please.

Plus if porting my number from another network to Meteor - how do I get the new Meteor SIM card with my old number on it ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PollyWolly

Its taking so long as there have been so many orders for the iphone etc. Once you send your contract back and they check it all out its supposed to only take 2 working days depending on what time they send the phone.

To transfer your number onto the meteor network you just need to call their customer care and they'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

This is (nearly) the end of the 4th business day and still no word - this normal so due to how busy there are?

No problem taking the money from my account immediately, actually giving me the phone however...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garethbzg

Ordered my galaxy s2 on thursday of the bank hol weekend...got it the next thurs morning..(thats with me scanning my documents and no mr.postman)

Do you remember what day you got the contract off them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Garethbzg

got the contract after paying a deposit on tuesday ,scanned back straight away...rang up later to give them a prod was told it would be looked at the following day(wednesday) got phone 9.30am thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

OP, just wondering have you received your contracts yet? I ordered a phone on the same day as you and am still waiting. I rang them yesterday and the agent I spoke to said they had a backlog and were, at that time, processing orders placed on 02 August. He said I should have my contracts by the end of the week! Bit disappointed as I had hoped to have the phone by then!

Nope, no word yet. I rang them yesterday too and was told the same story - massive backlog and everything is just taking longer. She said they'd be processing my order today and that I will have the contract tomorrow. She said it's usually a 2 working day turnaround to send the phone out once the contract is back, so I'm hoping to have it mid-next week.

Didn't think I'd be waiting two weeks to get the phone! Y

I know - could have walked into the store and walked out with the phone the same day if I'd known it would take so long lol. Here's hoping the contracts arrive tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Funkstard wrote: »
    Nope, no word yet. I rang them yesterday too and was told the same story - massive backlog and everything is just taking longer. She said they'd be processing my order today and that I will have the contract tomorrow. She said it's usually a 2 working day turnaround to send the phone out once the contract is back, so I'm hoping to have it mid-next week.

Didn't think I'd be waiting two weeks to get the phone! Y

I know what you mean, I ordered the desire off the website today and was told I'd be waiting four working days! Rang customer care to ask why wouldn't they take my laser card ( had to use the mother's mastercard, which is a pain if I'm asked to pay a deposit) and would it actually be four days or longer? I was told they don't accept laser card, no apologies were made for the face they don't, that's just the way it is basically. As to the working days, they're AIMING for four but it will probably be longer.. Seems the iPhone is backing everything up!

How long was it from ordering the phone to receiving the email and sending back all the documentation to actually getting the phone? I'll go mad if it's two weeks!! :mad:
    It's not very fast service, maybe I should have just gone to a shop!

Also was anyone asked to pay a deposit on it? It's a total joke that an Irish business doing major business online don't accept laser card! Not everyone has a credit card!

• Advertisement

Well considering I ordered the phone on Wednesday of last week, and have not yet received my contracts, I'd say I'm looking at 2 weeks alright.

Just got an email and a call off them there - they're looking for a €300 deposit before they release the contract. This bill pay lark is serious! I wonder is it common to look for a deposit?

Just got an email and a call off them there - they're looking for a €300 deposit before they release the contract. This bill pay lark is serious! I wonder is it common to look for a deposit?

But I paid for the phone in full, €120, and they took it straight out of my mother's bank account.. Are they going to look for a deposit too? If they're looking for three hundred euro I'll be asking for my money back. That's ridiculous money to be spending on a deposit!! If i was going to spend €300 plus €120 on the phone I may as well have bought it on pay as you go! :mad:

Just off the phone with Meteor, there's a two to three week waiting period once you place your order until the time you actually get your phone rolleyes.gif I was also told that any deposit they ask for is to guard against someone failing to pay the bills and that €300 is the max that they ask for. It goes on a person to person basis.. Looking at other threads on here, it seems that the unemployed and students are the ones hit the hardest on the deposit! The operator I was talking to, Jason, he said I could cancel straight away if there was a problem and that I wouldn't be charged anything! If they charge me, I'm going to cancel the contract, go straight into the nearest shop and get the phone. The shops apparently dont ask for a deposit.. happy days :)

You might get away with it - seems it's random who they ask for it. It is only a deposit though, you get it back after 7 months all going well.

Well I received my contract this morning, and just emailed it back along with the other necessary docs. No deposit thank God! So hopefully should have my phone by Tuesday.

Looking at the contract here, it seems meteor think I don't have an existing number and have stated another number as mine on the contract (presumably the number of the sim I'll get with the phone)

Should I ring them up to change this or is it normal? Ie. can I change over to my current number once I get up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Should I ring them up to change this or is it normal? Ie. can I change over to my current number once I get up and running?

Call Meteor on 1800 638 367 to transfer the number across when you receive the phone.

Just to say my phone arrived this morning - so all in all it was just under two weeks between ordering and receiving the phone. Have to wait through stupid work today before I can go home and get my hands on it!

Got a text and an email from Meteor today looking for three hundred squid... I don't think so! :P Order has been cancelled, money has been refunded and I'll be going into a shop tomorrow to get the phone! Such an inconvenience in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

aoife1991 wrote: »
    Got a text and an email from Meteor today looking for three hundred squid... I don't think so! :P Order has been cancelled, money has been refunded and I'll be going into a shop tomorrow to get the phone! Such an inconvenience in the end!

Huh?? That's CRAZY! I am looking at getting a metoer phone on-line at the mo' but that's NUTS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

The on-line thing sounds a total pain in the ass! Going to go into a shop, me thinks! If changing provider, how soon are u set up with the new network? My current network contract expires in 10days. DOn't want to have an over-lap. Have never switched so not a clue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

Meteor! Ten days tomorrow since ordering online - and this is just to be emailed a contract, something that most companies would automate. This is ridiculous - if it is really that busy, can they not hire more staff?? Phoned customer care yesterday & was told I would definitely have the contract today. So much for that & so much for the 4 days wait. They deducted the price of the phone immediately.

Beginning to regret ever porting to Meteor already. Two questions
    - Why do Meteor not have a customer rep on Boards?? Like o2, Vodafone and Three?? And does anyone know does Emobile have the same c**p service (seeing as they are related)???

73trix wrote: »
    The on-line thing sounds a total pain in the ass! Going to go into a shop, me thinks! If changing provider, how soon are u set up with the new network? My current network contract expires in 10days. DOn't want to have an over-lap. Have never switched so not a clue :rolleyes:

I know... it was a total balls, I'd warn anyone against going online!
    I think as long as you bring in two items with proof of address, like a bank statement or a utility bill, and some for of ID you can switch over straight away in the shop. They're usually very good like that! I hope you had better look than I did! Such a joke.. :(

So I got my phone today :D Cancelled the online order and headed into the Wilton branch of Meteor where I was helped by the lovely Eamon.. He sorted everything and rang and made sure there would be no deposit! Apparently the deposit is randomly selected.. Have my new phone anyway and it's just amazing, couldn't be happier! :) Would warn anyone against going the online route!!

Advertisement