If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE40D5520 and AV

Options
  • 03-08-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Can I get a quote on:
    1x Samsung UE40D5520
    1x Onkyo HT-S5405

Would it be possible to collect from the Philips shop if you can put in the back of a truck at your convenience?
    If not, I can make it to Belfast some Saturday this month.

Advice bit:
    Not 100% on the Onkyo as the rears and sub aren't shielded (hard disks), but the featureset ticks my boxes otherwise (HDMIs, CEC, ARC, Component for the old consoles, calibration mic).
    Upscaling would be nice to have.
    Network audio not needed, as I'm building a htpc.

Any alternative package you could put together with £100 or so extra to play with for the audio?

Strangely, decent receiver and 2.1 or 3.1 speakers would do fine for now.
    My (rented) living room needs re-arranging before 5.1 or greater could be set up properly.
    I'd have more money for speakers by then too :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Cheers for the post.

We would have to order the TV in for you but it is currently an in-store only product which means that we can't ship it.

That may change but while stock is tight, I'll have to hold you one for collection.

On the audio front.....there is a new Onkyo HTS6405 which has arrived in.

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/products/ht-s6405-43425.html

It's currently priced at £599.95 but I could see if there is anything that I could do on the price.

The speakers that come with this system are amazing and considerably better than the 5405 so if it ticks the specs boxes, then the performance increase is well worth it.

The alternative would be to go for an Onkyo 509 receiver and just buy a good pair of front speakers and a sub and use for 2.1 at the moment. This would be a better use of the money as the overall system that you will end up with will be better than any of the above.

Eg : Onkyo 509 + Cambridge S30 + Cambridge S80 sub - £529 (roughly)

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hi Dave,

Can you PM me your best price on the Samsung UE40D5520 + Onkyo TX-NR509 + Cambridge S30 + Cambridge S80 (all with your 5year warranty) for collection so?

How soon would you have the lot in stock and how long would be be able to hold it?

Thanks,
    John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

PM Sent.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Sorted, thanks :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.