Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webforms with reg365/Namesco

Options
  • 03-08-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was just wondering if there is a problem with self authored php scripts for contact/enquirey forms on reg365 linux servers.

I have a form which I have traweled through the php script numerous times for errors and cant find any. The reg365.ie website doesn't have any information on it about whether or not they insist on in-house forms like some hosters do for antispam reasons.

Does anybody know anything?

thanks in advance

Adrian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

AIDO Tours wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there is a problem with self authored php scripts for contact/enquirey forms on reg365 linux servers.

I have a form which I have traweled through the php script numerous times for errors and cant find any. The reg365.ie website doesn't have any information on it about whether or not they insist on in-house forms like some hosters do for antispam reasons.

Does anybody know anything?

thanks in advance

Adrian

What's the problem with the script?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Highly unlikely that there's a problem with you running any standard PHP script, but we shouldn't get into a discussion either of what any particular hosting company supports.

My guess is it's a problem with the script - can you show us the code here?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AIDO Tours

Trojan wrote: »
    Highly unlikely that there's a problem with you running any standard PHP script, but we shouldn't get into a discussion either of what any particular hosting company supports.
    I have rung them to check now that it is the morning and there is someone there. They say there should be no problem with a third party script. It is just that I have come across a host before who wouldn't allow any other form processing script except their own as it might lead to too much spam.
    My guess is it's a problem with the script - can you show us the code here?
    So it looks like the coding somewhere along the way.

I will attach the three relevant pages so anybody willing to can have a look at it.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Adrian

ps site is aidotours.com to see it in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

AIDO Tours wrote: »
    I have rung them to check now that it is the morning and there is someone there. They say there should be no problem with a third party script. It is just that I have come across a host before who wouldn't allow any other form processing script except their own as it might lead to too much spam.

That company won't be in the web hosting business long if they don't support 3rd party scripts (i.e. CMS's).
    AIDO Tours wrote:
    So it looks like the coding somewhere along the way.

I will attach the three relevant pages so anybody willing to can have a look at it.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Adrian

ps site is aidotours.com to see it in operation

Did any of my tests work? On a train so can't do a lot here.

Don't think it's the cause, but I would remove a href link from submit like so:
    <button type="submit">Submit</button>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Few quick things I saw..
    The contact.html points at the php file in a php/mail_form.php whereas in the attached zip its in the same folder.

Secondly the reason the script doesnt print out any errors is because it isnt printing any errors! You assign text to both $result and $error_msg but at no point in the script do you even echo it back to the screen?
    Also ur script looks for _POST which is not passed in the form.

Prob more errors that that.. fix them first as its nothing to do with ur hosting provider i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 AIDO Tours

thank you for the effort guys.

Lynchie, yes the mail_form.php was in the right folder, I just took it out to post here.

The "comments" and messages was something I forgot to fix though has no bearing on the result having fixed it.

I also took out the href on the button to no avail.

Thanks for you help though.

The guy who gave me the script should be able to fix it for me in a couple of days so hopefully that will help. I am not so good with the php myself, really only being a reuser of others work.

Thanks again though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Web host specific questions are not allowed on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement