Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

zetor questions

• 04-08-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

we have 2 zetors at on our farm a 01 11641 and a 07 12441 and was just wondering the exact horspower of both as i have heard different from a few ppl the dealer said the 116 is 120 hp and the 124 is 130 horsepower neither i believe. The 116 is a six cylinder straight and the 124 is four cylinder turbo, and also wondering what horsepower will the 116 be if turbo'd. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

the 11641 is 116hp no turbo i think
    the 12441 is 130 hp

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shane_318is

got the 11641 dyno tested during the week as it was under savage pressure with the 235 profi behind it. dyno read 86 horse power i was gobsmacked as she is ment to be between 115 and 125 . got the pump turned up to 100 hp but she is getting a turbo next week and she should be between 125 and 130 surely ths will be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

if a machine is supposed to be putting out 116hp and is only doing 86 then that suggests something is seriously wrong.

turning up the pump and bolting on a turbo should help with finding the weak link.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

Try asking 'Tora Bora' and '20silkcut' I am fairly sure they are Zetor dealers..:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

JohnBoy wrote: »
    if a machine is supposed to be putting out 116hp and is only doing 86 then that suggests something is seriously wrong.

turning up the pump and bolting on a turbo should help with finding the weak link.

Ha ha..... Esp as the weak link is likely to be the crankshaft when it gets blown through the sump!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Thats exactly how our zetor died a few years ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

cjpm wrote: »
    Ha ha..... Esp as the weak link is likely to be the crankshaft when it gets blown through the sump!! :eek:
    Thats exactly how our zetor died a few years ago!

It wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last!! Was she opened up??

To be honest I wouldn't dream of opening up any engine, not even the lawnmower!!

If the tractor was capable of an extra 20 or 30 HP they'd all be turned up in the factory and would be sold at a higher price as they'd be a more powerful machine.

Opening up an engine seems grand and a good way of getting extra free HP however metal fatigue can often become an issue with internal engine components, which you never see or hear...... until one day..... BANG!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

cjpm wrote: »
    It wasn't the first and certainly won't be the last!! Was she opened up??

To be honest I wouldn't dream of opening up any engine, not even the lawnmower!!

If the tractor was capable of an extra 20 or 30 HP they'd all be turned up in the factory and would be sold at a higher price as they'd be a more powerful machine.

Opening up an engine seems grand and a good way of getting extra free HP however metal fatigue can often become an issue with internal engine components, which you never see or hear...... until one day..... BANG!!

no wasnt touched

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

i taught zetor had good engines? lol

if you want more power trade her in and buy bigger!

"i had a zetor and ill never forgetter her"

• Registered Users Posts: 31 shane_318is

just made up my mind keep the 12441 baleing and the 11641 wraping !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement