Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercing.

Options
  • 04-08-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi, got my lip repierced just coming up on six weeks ago. It's been fine, healed well but this weekend I discovered on the inside that there's a kind of lump after forming. It's like my gum is trying to grow over the disc and because it can't as I keep moving it, this funny shape has formed. I wondered could it be a result of scar tissue from the last time. The bar is long so it's not that I have a tight piercing that's causing the gum to want to grow over the disc. Anyone ever had anything similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Hi, got my lip repierced just coming up on six weeks ago. It's been fine, healed well but this weekend I discovered on the inside that there's a kind of lump after forming. It's like my gum is trying to grow over the disc and because it can't as I keep moving it, this funny shape has formed. I wondered could it be a result of scar tissue from the last time. The bar is long so it's not that I have a tight piercing that's causing the gum to want to grow over the disc. Anyone ever had anything similar?

Ya, ive had that but only with bio plast and metal bars when I got a ring I didnt get it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

yeah I plan on getting a ring in. will this make it go away I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

yeah I plan on getting a ring in. will this make it go away I wonder?

it did with mine anyway, just try it and see when its healed. if not then you can use a bar again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Happened to mine aswell years ago. It stopped happening eventually and now its grand. Can leave it out for a few months then pop it back in again no bothers. I was freaked out when it happened at first then I just kept moving the bar so it couldnt grow over it :)

Advertisement