Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BADA 2 beta now available for Samsung Wave

Options
  • 04-08-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

Bada 2 beta has been released for the Samsung Wave I (S8500) and Wave 2 (S8530). www.samfirmware.com
    I've updated my S8500 from bada 1.2. So far so good. Much slicker UI and generally a better, more integrated experience. Usual caveats apply - don't do this unless you're already into flashing your phone and are prepared to end up with a paperweight if it all goes horribly wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Milo Minderbinder

Did it yesterday ; love it , very well thought out etc. It reads out who you got texts from !!!!!!!!!!

BUT......
    I just took it out of my pocket and it had frozen on a screen saying " upload data to PC" ....... took battery out and restarted; seems fine again. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I've had one issue with a memory problem, followed by a blue screen. Otherwise I'm liking it too!

The sites are recommending to set the Debug level to LOW.

Select keypad then type
    *#33284*#
    select debug option LOW.

This will reboot the phone in low debug mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

was very buggy, so went back to 1.2... some of the problems
    -music player does not play songs by track number but by artist
    - no music recognition
    - apps dodgy over 3G
    - many apps dont work
    - frequent crashes
    - email doesnt always register that theyve been read
    -browser wasnt as smooth as in 1.2
    - settings for music have been moved into settings no longer available in music player itself
    - did not think that the keyboard was quite as good as in 1.2 although it does finally have smileys :)
    - ive read that the os onlu uses 800mhz

however, i agree that the overall feel of it is very nice and when these problems are rectified we will be looking at a very, very nice OS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Milo Minderbinder

Thanks Fat Tony; strangely since I posted it has worked fine; will see what happens.
    There are a few issues, as above, but I am still pretty happy with it. Have just been informed that I am eligible for an upgrade......... so there is a weekend of research to be done........

Advertisement