Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my build ok?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

What do you plan on using this computer for?

As an allrounder, it should all work fine.

If you can find a tenner, you should up the HDD to a terabyte.
    If you plan on overclocking, maybe an aftermarket CPU cooler should be considered. If not, you could drop the processor down to a regular i5-2500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dito kou

What do you plan on using this computer for?

As an allrounder, it should all work fine.

If you can find a tenner, you should up the HDD to a terabyte.
    If you plan on overclocking, maybe an aftermarket CPU cooler should be considered. If not, you could drop the processor down to a regular i5-2500.

Use for browsing, full hd movie, not much games.

will upgrade to 1000gb harddrive.:) may downgrade processor.

will last 5+ years of use? need update anything now?

thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Don't downgrade the processor. The extra €7 is worth it. You may change your mind about overclocking later to squeeze some extra life out, it will be worth more if you were to sell it and better graphics if you were to put it into a supporting board.

RAM is out of stock. Cheaper and in stock.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=44319

A different heatsink might be a good idea if you aren't overclocking anyway. It's nice to quieten things down, but it depends on your budget.

Monotype wrote: »
    Don't downgrade the processor. The extra €7 is worth it. You may change your mind about overclocking later to squeeze some extra life out, it will be worth more if you were to sell it and better graphics if you were to put it into a supporting board.

RAM is out of stock. Cheaper and in stock.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=44319

A different heatsink might be a good idea if you aren't overclocking anyway. It's nice to quieten things down, but it depends on your budget.
    Which option to change heatsink? budget 750?

dito kou wrote: »
    Which option to change heatsink? budget 750?
    I not see option to change heatsink, I think I leave as is. I don't know much about heatsinks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement