Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round zero offers for fetac applicants?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi im applying to university through fetac i should be getting my offers on the 4th of August. Apparently the course im applying for has only 20 places for fetac applicants.
    ok my question is if 30 fetac applicants get top marks i.e 8 distinctions, How do the college only pick 20 people out of the 30 that all got the same high score? Is it picked out of a hat? :)

Anyone know this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 EC88

Think it comes down to random selection if ye cant be academically differentiated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭knifeyspoony

EC88 wrote: »
    Think it comes down to random selection if ye cant be academically differentiated

Cool thanks, Just checked and Got my first choice in UCC, delighted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Good on ya kinfeyspooney congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

Brilliant, whats your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adam500

I get 7 distinction but not one offer, total BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

adam500 wrote: »

You still have a chance! There are two more rounds of offers...a friend of mine is waiting on these two rounds like you, and i do not know how they allocate places, but she worked her butt off all year, had no grant or financial assistance and she is waiting, while on the first round another girl from my fetac course got her offer and she could care less if she gets the place or not she is planning a year in oz. Sickens me! so dont worry, you still have a shot i wish you alot of luck :)

https://www.cao.ie/apply.php?page=myapp

adam500 wrote: »

As SaoirseS said before me, there are still more rounds to go! if you applied to a university a majority of UNIVERSITY only offers for fetac will be given out, but if you applied to an IT those offers will start to be given out on the 22nd of August. Good luck with it! ps. 7 distinctions is brill you must have worked you a*s off!

Good on ya kinfeyspooney congrats

Nice one thanks :)

Advertisement