Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama / theatre groups in Waterford?

• 04-08-2011 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi there
    I was wondering are there any drama/theatre groups in Waterford that hold auditions to be in amateur plays or musicals? I've never been part of one before but would like to give it a go. I know a few years ago when I was in secondary school a couple of our teachers were in such plays in the Theatre Royal and other places.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I done drama in garter lane years ago. I presume it's still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

Not sure about drama societies but I've been involved with De la Salle Musical Society and Waterford Pantomime Society. De la Salle prob won't be putting on a show for a while seen as they just finished one in May, but there prob will be panto auditions coming up in the next month. Both societies have Facebook pages if you want to check them out and keep an eye on what's going on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Waterford Youth Arts are up in the Arch up on Barrack St.

It's a youth theatre and drama group for a mix of ages, I did it until I was 17, great craic altogether.

http://www.waterfordyoutharts.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Thanks for the replies :) will go have a look for the DLS and pantomime society facebook pages. Unfortunately I'm no longer considered a 'youth' :D as I've heard good things about Waterford Youth Arts

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

araic88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies :) will go have a look for the DLS and pantomime society facebook pages. Unfortunately I'm no longer considered a 'youth' :D as I've heard good things about Waterford Youth Arts

ah sorry, had i read you were in secondary a few years ago i'd have copped that, although I think they do adult drama too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Waterford Dramatic society
    Bowler hat
    Waterford Variety show (annual show march)
    De la Salle
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waterford-Kettering-Drama-Club/222543954442121

Try Conor Nolan City Council for a more comprehensive list

Advertisement