Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Record Attempt

Options
  • 04-08-2011 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hello all in the Wicklow Forum, the Community Policing Team based at Bray Garda station in conjuction with Bray Summer Festival will be trying to break the record for the most people to polish a car simultaneously.This is an event as part of the Bray Summer festivals "Charity Fest" weekend in aid of Bray Cancer Support and Bray Lakers.The attempt kicks off at 15.00 hours and should be complete by 16.00 hours this Sunday 7th August at North side of the Band stand on Bray Promenade.There will be music and entertainment as well as an African Market and Vintage car display, there will be volunteers from Bray Lakers and Bray Cancer Support operating a bucket collection (collecting donations on the day )and there is no cost as such or charge to take part in the event, we simple need the assistance of the public to break the record and bring it home to Bray.( currently held by Milton Keynes in the UK)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Community Police Bray

Thanks to everyone who turned up, it was a bit of a laugh despite the rain,
    we had 100 people in the compound with the car Polishing for 1 minute
    overseen by Cllr Ronan Mc Manus Cathaoirleach Bray Town Council.
    Assuming our methods are approved by Guinness we have enough people
    to easily break the previous record.
    Hopefully we helped Bray Lakers and Bray Cancer Support raise much needed funds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 busy mum84

It was great fun my whole family got involved . How and when do ya find out if we broke the record

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Community Police Bray

it was just a pity about the rain but everyone was in good spirits ! I have to send footage off to Guinness World Record this week and a few lines from Cllr Mc Manus and Festival staff with regard to standing over the count of the people, so as soon as I hear anything I will post here.
    You can get a Guinness Rep out to declare the record on the spot but its costs in the region of 3000 Euro so its expensive especially when we are trying to raise money for http://www.braycancersupport.ie/ and http://www.braycancersupport.ie/.
    Thanks for your support.

Advertisement