Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griefers?

• 04-08-2011 5:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hey guys, my server just got badly griefed, lava everywhere, and I was just wondering is it possible to see a list of all users on the server? I'm using Multiplay Clanforge. TIA, Emmet

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hey guys, my server just got badly griefed, lava everywhere, and I was just wondering is it possible to see a list of all users on the server? I'm using Multiplay Clanforge. TIA, Emmet

You need to tweak the essentials plugin, it can log lava placement etc, otherwise you should have had bigbrother on. That allows you to check the history of every block on the server, as well as roll back a certain segment of the world instead of an entire rollback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

You need to tweak the essentials plugin, it can log lava placement etc, otherwise you should have had bigbrother on. That allows you to check the history of every block on the server, as well as roll back a certain segment of the world instead of an entire rollback

Thanks I'll do that :)
    I did a bit of CSI work and looked through the entire log of the server and because lava is a controlled substance is must have been a mod. I checked the overlap of players online at the time and items spawned in. Then I searched for 46 and 10. :P
    Found the guy anyway, banned and ridiculed. Brought up a backup from Sunday (Thank Mary it was there). IGN is Largeo as a word of warning if he tries any of your servers :)

A small portion of the damage, circled is what was left of Vault Boy
    2011-08-04_091206.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What a dick... I seriously don't understand why there are these people out there.

just f*** off and let us enjoy the game

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ouch, unfortunately people have the pleasure on doing these kind of things, some people even have youtube griefing shows.

• Advertisement

Hmmm..... it's beginning to sound a lot like a strange fetish....
    His justification for this was that 'it was old' as in the first things built, long before he even arrived.
    Thanks for the help Cherry, and moral support Tal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Thats the problem with online games.

Idiots + Anonymity = Acting the Bollocks

I'm gonna stab this lad. I recieved this when I told him he was banned
    'Wooo lad relax i knew everthing could be undid so chill ... plus i only did it like no long ago noone has been on when i was to tell them to undo it ... so take a chill'

Advertisement