Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service Recommendation

Options
  • 04-08-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Looking to get car serviced. No major problems. Just wondering if someone can recommend a reliable trustworthy garage around D15 to do this? Close to Castleknock or Blachardstown would be best. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've used Coolmine Motors a good few times and I'm very happy with them. For a couple of years I was doing a lot of mileage so I was getting the car serviced every 6 months and I found them great.

www.coolminemotors.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

http://www.discounttyres.ie/servicing.html

I found them grand and helpful.

The one in Coolmine was the usual I’m not fussed if you want it done and leave it here and we’ll have it done sometime in a 4 hour window, Also in Coolmine it’s in a tiny area so I’d be worried the car might get a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Ellis poynton motors. Blanch village.

I've been there now ten years with my cars. Never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irishbar

Dave McCann in Coolmine Ind Estate I have used for years for servicing and tyres....never an issue and reasonably priced. www.davemccanntyres.com

e.g. Continental run flat tyre for BMW - 120 fitted with Dave McCann...quoted 190 by main dealer! He got one of his lads to drop me home while job was being done a couple of times so goes that bit extra for his customers also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

jeffk wrote: »
    http://www.discounttyres.ie/servicing.html

I found them grand and helpful.

+1 I've used them for the seven years I've lived in the area and have found them to be great. Fairly priced, they usually can sort stuff and get parts quickly and as a young-ish woman I've never felt they tried to take advantage of my ignorance of the mechanics of the car.

Have had 2 NCTs done after services with them (this year the NCT was 5 months after the service) and all passed first time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Note: Posting contact details of a user banned from boards for advertising is not on.

Advertisement