Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Grad Med accommodation

Options
  • 04-08-2011 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey all, congrats on the results! I figure plenty will come up about doing med in UCC over the coming weeks/months so I started this thread just for accommodation to keep things tidy. I've been looking at post grad accommodation and private apartments in Cork lately so have a good idea of whats on the market. I'm looking for one or two people to share a very nice apartment close to UCC. If anybodies interested feel free to contact me.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

what are the areas that most GEMs would be staying in? i'm from galway so have so idea about nice places to stay in cork. it would be cool if a bunch of us were staying in the same area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭drspock

Hi Sophie.

Good ol' Galway! I lived in Galway for years, cried like a baby leaving it :( Man Galway is the business.....

I suppose Cork will have to do haha. No problems, I'm very familiar with Cork if you need any help. Most of the North Americans seem to be in Sheares Gate on Glasheen Rd (Google Maps near CUH). Others stay in postgrad accommodation like Dennihies cross or others like myself go for apartments closer to UCC and city (there are loads). I'm hoping to find someone like minded (down to earth, good study ethic and reliable place to sleep) to share a lovely private apartment. Let me know if I can be of any assistance and congrats on your place :)
    Sophievdp wrote: »
    what are the areas that most GEMs would be staying in? i'm from galway so have so idea about nice places to stay in cork. it would be cool if a bunch of us were staying in the same area

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭EugeneOnegin

drspock wrote: »
    Hey all, congrats on the results! I figure plenty will come up about doing med in UCC over the coming weeks/months so I started this thread just for accommodation to keep things tidy. I've been looking at post grad accommodation and private apartments in Cork lately so have a good idea of whats on the market. I'm looking for one or two people to share a very nice apartment close to UCC. If anybodies interested feel free to contact me.......

Hey! Would said lovely apartment be on Western road near River Lee hotel? Because if so, "lovely" is a misnomer...the correct phrase there would be f**king savage! :D

hahaha f%£king savage might be an acceptable description alright!!! I think you are talking about lancaster gate etc hahaha. Yeah its really nice. The more I was looking around I figure good postgrad accommodation is around €520-550 per month. If you had two med students willing to stretch an extra fifty you could get something really comfortable in the two bed range? You also on the market, any plans? My days of living in noisy student dives are long over :D
    Hey! Would said lovely apartment be on Western road near River Lee hotel? Because if so, "lovely" is a misnomer...the correct phrase there would be f**king savage! :D

Yeah, I've been in Cork for the undergrad and the days of student acc. are well over for me too. Was looking at few post grad options but not too impressed. So yes! I am in the market! Only started looking recently, though the offers today solidified the intent!

PM me if you want to talk about places around the city (know it like the back of my hand, kinda, sort of...lol)
    Defiantly am receptive to the idea of sharing with a group of grad med. I'm not dealing with the usual student BS!

• Advertisement

cool, well im open to options anyway. Dont get me wrong though, something like sheares gate/ dennihies cross with the right folk wouldnt be out of the question. Just need parking, and a decent double room and im happy enough. Well if you need any help or are interested in sharing run it by me mate
    Yeah, I've been in Cork for the undergrad and the days of student acc. are well over for me too. Was looking at few post grad options but not too impressed. So yes! I am in the market! Only started looking recently, though the offers today solidified the intent!

We're of the same actually of the same opinion! It'd be great if a gang of sane grad meds got together for a share. I'll have a look at the class of 2015 FB site there and see if people are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sophievdp

drspock wrote: »
    Hi Sophie.

Good ol' Galway! I lived in Galway for years, cried like a baby leaving it :( Man Galway is the business.....

I suppose Cork will have to do haha. No problems, I'm very familiar with Cork if you need any help. Most of the North Americans seem to be in Sheares Gate on Glasheen Rd (Google Maps near CUH). Others stay in postgrad accommodation like Dennihies cross or others like myself go for apartments closer to UCC and city (there are loads). I'm hoping to find someone like minded (down to earth, good study ethic and reliable place to sleep) to share a lovely private apartment. Let me know if I can be of any assistance and congrats on your place :)

Yeah Galway's pretty awesome alright! I think it'll be good for me to get out for a while but I am going to miss it. No more quiet pints in the Roisin! :(

Looked at Dennihies Cross and Sheare's Gate, they seem nice. Sheare's Gate apparently has 100MB broadband which is pretty sweet. Works out between €496 - €540 per month. Bit pricey but if it's just for the first year until I get more familiar with the city I'm sure it'd be fine. I'd be interested in sharing with other grad meds, no way am I staying with undergrads!

also I've joined the facebook group so feel free to contact me through that or pm me

hi guys,

really great seeing all the North American classmates on FB! At the moment I'm starting to give serious consideration to sharing a 3 bed in Sheares Gate with other GEMs. After visiting they impressed me. If anybodies interested PM me......

Advertisement