Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms & Pilate Classe in Mullingar

Options
  • 04-08-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

So I'm finished college and living at home permanently until I and my friends flee the country in January (sad :( ). I was a member of Mullingar Park Hotel and I know it used to be quite expensive. Is the park hotel still the more up to date leisure centre in Mullingar or has bloomfield updated itself? Whats the the best gym & swimming pool combo?

Also, I want to tone up for when I flee the country as the weather is going to be super hot so can someone let me know about pilate classes in Mullingar too, where they are, if they are suitable for beginners and how much?

Thanks!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

both hotels are quite expensive but the bloomfield has a 3 month package for swimming pool, gym and classes for €170. the park hotel will only do six month minimum membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

The Park now offers 6 and maybe even 3 month membership
    Go in and have a chat with them on the front desk and they will help ya out
    It is still overpriced for what it is, but its the only one of its kind in the area

Any luck on the pilates yoga??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

i tried the mullingar park for 3 months membership only last week and they said wouldnt do it. yet they told me loads of people are enquiring.

phoenix yoga do yoga, pilates etc. it in market point (beside the pharmacy) off patrick street.
    http://www.phoenixyogastudio.net/studio.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Cheers for the link, might give them a buzz, total novice here!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Took a spin down to pheonix yoga centre today and they were closed but i gave the number a ring on the door so hopefully someone will get back to me soon! The boredom in this town is killing me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

phoenix yoga classes are good, but quite pricey (imho)
    fairly sure there are yoga and pilates classes in the community centre on bishopsgate street

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Any drop in/pay as u go spinning/circuit/aerobic classes in mullingar? I know 2fit in blackhall did but i think their gone and im not too sure if the park hotel or bloomfield do pay as u go sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Someone on another thread mentioned that flex gym do pay as you go spin classes.

There are kickboxing aerobics classes on in the art centre. Tuesdays at 7pm for €7 per class

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

I'm a member of the Park hotel gym.

The 6 month or 1 year contracts are only if you pay it all upfront.

The alternative is that you pay monthy by debit order. You wind up paying slightly more per month, but if for some reason you decide to cancel your membership, you just have to e-mail them and cancel the debit order and you will only be penalized for 1 additional month.

Advertisement