Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Architect Dublin/Neighbours Extension

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Can we get back on topic here again please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Merch wrote: »
    OP why are you engaging the services of an architect? not sure what they can do for you that the SDCC cant? why dont you go to the SDCC instead.
    I'd also say, if the OP refuses access to their garden, that really is their business and it doesnt matter what people think of anyone that does that, it's their property, but for the sake of harmony it might not be a good idea, also it might mean you have to look at an unfinished (not dashed or rendered wall)But, if the neighbours haven't considered people living around them before going ahead with their plans, that really is a bit selfish or foolish on their part as it can lead to disputes , and that should be looked down upon. I think it would have been advisable that they informed their neighbours of their plans really.

Personally my main concern would be that the work is done correctly and that it doesnt affect your building structure or quality of life (ie hours/days of work activity). I have seen one extension near me, and the quality/layout is atrocious, I believe they actually had plans and there were complaints that work was taking place at all hours and days.

Hi Merch,

At this stage, we won't be getting a planner involved, but will be drafting and sending the letter ourselves. Rest assured, I will be making sure everything is done according to the books and will try get an inspector out to see it once it's done. TBH, I'm gone from the house every morning by about 7.30am, but it will impact my wife (whom is pregnant). My wife had the good sense to buy our house 12 years ago, and it's a small estate with only 60 houses. What the neighbours are planning will be twice the size of any of the other extensions in the estate.

Cheers,
    Conor.

Advertisement