Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanch Village Road Works

Options
  • 04-08-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what’s happening that will take from now until Decemeber?

Have they not dug up and changed enough roads in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭robbie000

Got this off another site:

REPLACEMENT OF WATERMAINS, BLANCHARDSTOWN VILLAGE
    TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES & TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
    In order to facilitate essential works on the replacement of Water mains at Blanchardstown Village it is proposed to introduce the following temporary road closures and lane restrictions from Monday 8th August to Monday 29th August, 2011.
    Castleknock Road – to be closed from Roselawn Road for traffic travelling towards Main Street, Blanchardstown except for residents of this part of Castleknock Road including Woodpark.

Main Street, Blanchardstown – to be closed to all traffic approaching the Village at the Castleknock Road junction for the period 8th August, 2011 to 15th August, 2011. Thereafter for the period to 29th August, 2011 two-way traffic will be maintained along the part of Main Street between the Castleknock Road junction and the River Road junction. In addition during this period the westbound traffic lane between the Castleknock Road junction and the River Road junction to be closed to traffic.
    The alternative routes available are:-
    (i) N3/Blanchardstown By-Pass to Snugborough Bridge, Old Navan Road and Main Street, Blanchardstown (Part Of)
    (ii) Castleknock Road, Roselawn Road, Clonsilla Road and Main Street, Blanchardstown (Part Of).
    Local access will be maintained.
    Any interested person may lodge an objection in writing with Tommie McManus, Administrative Officer, Castleknock Mulhuddart Operational Area, Fingal County Council, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, to arrive no later than 4.30 p.m. on Wednesday 20th July 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks for the information.

I wonder why is there electrical road signs with August to December on them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Are you talking about the work they are doing on the flyover over the N3 between the shopping centre and Blanchardstown Road North.

Saw plans for a major reworking of that junction. Is that being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Are you talking about the work they are doing on the flyover over the N3 between the shopping centre and Blanchardstown Road North.

No, the signs I seen said blanch village.

I know on the work you said, the last I asked one of the builders, they were checking out the ground to see if it would take the wider bridge.

IF they go two lanes either side, the roundabouts will have to go and be replaced with traffic lights. As it stands the roundabouts are too small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

:o As someone who lives in Waterville...that would cause a scary level of disruption!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone know what the story is with the buses? What route are they taking since they are being directed towards roselawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The 39a is unchanged.
    The 39 is avoiding the village, going on the bypass, up the slip road by the garda station and going through that junction to then go up the clonsilla road.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

38 will be diverted too.

Dublin bus stuck up details at my stop, but their site hasn't stuck it in the updates section yet about any of the diversions.

Edit:
    I'll take a note of the dates & inbound / outbound disruption next time I'm at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Blanchardstown-Village-Diversions/
    Blanchardstown Village & Castleknock Diversions
    Friday, July 29, 2011

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to the Replacement of Water Mains in Blanchardstown Village the following diversions will be in place.

From Monday 8th August to Friday 15th August 2011

Inbound

38’s, 39, 220 76’s operate as per normal

Outbound

39 – N3 by-pass, left at Snugborough lights, back towards Blanchardstown Village (past Tractor Motors) turn right onto Clonsilla Road and then as per normal route.
    38a – N3 by-pass and right over Snugborough Road Bridge and then as per normal route.
    38 – Navan Road, N3 by-pass and right over Snugborough Road Bridge and then as per normal route.
    220 – Connolly Hospital, N3 by-pass, Snugborough lights, to Blanchardstown centre using stop at E Bay.
    76/a/b – N3 By-pass, Snugborough lights, back towards Blanchardstown Village (past Tractor Motors) turn right onto Clonsilla Road and then as per normal route.

From Friday 15th August to Friday 29th August

Blanchardstown Village open both directions:

Routes 39, 38A, 220, 76 operate as per normal

Castleknock Road (from The Bell to Roselawn junction) closed outbound only:

38 inbound (to city) operate as per normal
    38 outbound (from city) Navan Road, N3, Blanchardstown Village, and then as per normal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Friday 15th August.

This quality information brought to you by Dublin Bus, Ireland's least reliable news source.

• Advertisement
Advertisement