Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diceys on Thursday nights

Options
  • 04-08-2011 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to get any feedback on what Diceys is like on a thursday night. I know its 2.50 all drinks and 5 euro in. But just wanted to know what type of crowd do you get there on Thursday nighs (i only been in Diceys on Saturday nights)and is any good on thursdays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I've only ever been on Monday or Wednesday and that was during the college year, good night outs, can't see them being as busy seeing as college isn't back yet. Everyone (myself included) seem to go to the Palace on Thursdays.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thursdays has a mix of the work crowd and the people who fancy a mid week drink. It does tend to be a full crowd and quite bust later on in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Have been there on a Tuesday night a few times when it's €2 a drink and the crowd is mainly South American.

I would assume it would be similar on a Thursday with a lot of students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

CucaFace wrote: »
    Have been there on a Tuesday night a few times when it's €2 a drink and the crowd is mainly South American.

I would assume it would be similar on a Thursday with a lot of students.

Very much the same, mate. It's a nightmare. I don't find the south americans make for a good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I've tried to get in here a couple of nights Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Every time I couldn't get in. It was about 11 so thats probably why.

• Advertisement

Jet the place on a Tuesday night is Jammers from about 7.30 onwards. Took me 30 mins to get in the last time. Wouldn't have bothered my arse except my flatmate was in there.

To be honest its a little too much, takes forever to move anywhere in there due to crowds, forever to get a drink due to th numbers of people and especially due to the fact that many of these foreign students are tards when it comes to trying to get served at the bar.

Last time i was there I was waiting for 20mins for a drink, the 3 guys in front of me were all mates and all bought one drink for themselves only. I wanted to take them aside and explain how a round works and how if they sent one up each time to get 3 drinks then you wouldn't be blocking up the counter.

I bought myself 4 long neck bulmers to make sure i didn't have to go back up again soon and all for €8 which made up for all the hassle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Pretty sure it's more than €2.50 a drink on thursdays, unless they changed it in the last three or four weeks...

Yeah i think Tuesday is the cheapest (€2), then wednesday goes up to €3 and then the price goes up again on the Thursday night as far as i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's €3.50 on thursdays. Don't go or you'll be horrifically hungover at work on friday morning.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

If your going with a crowd try book the Penthouse upstairs as easier to get served upstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

mondays & Tuesdays Its €2.50 , wednesdays is €3 thursdays is €3.50, Friday & Saturday is €4 and sunday is €2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread is nearly three years old, please do not bump old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement