Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Physically bigger- Bandit 600/ 1200 or Fazer 600?

• 04-08-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to suss out a bike that would be suitable for a serious Australian road trip! I'm tall enough that I'm very constrained as to what I can get along the lines of 'normal' bikes.

It looks like bikes appear to be a decent bit more expensive over there compared to here so I'm worried about having to blow my budget just to get a decent bike.

I think I can forget about swapping my Busa over here for a Busa over there :( Ideally, an older Blackbird would be great but what you would get for €3k here seems to be more like €4500 over there.

Does a Bandit 1200 have the same frame dimensions as a Bandit 600? If so, as I suspect it does, would a Fazer 600 be more suitable for someone long-of-leg?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why not a Fazer 1000? Detuned R1 engine and a more touring oriented seating arrangement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Bandit 6 and 12 have the same frames alright. Not much difference between them and the Fazers so go with the one that gives you the best bang for buck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could try a VStrom, think they are slightly taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i love both but duno which would suit you better. you should go sit on each and see how they feel.

(not telling you to spot a bandit on the street and go sit on it, that could be dangerous if the owner is around! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Just get a BMW R1100 GS or 1150GS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Even the 650gs is a fairly tall bike. That or a transalp might be a good shout.

Be a bit short on power if you're used to a busa but still well capable of anything you can throw at it. They'd be perfect if you fancy venturing off the beaten track a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 envirowill

Hey man,

I toured Oz at the start of last year for about 5months on a bike. Originally I was going for a blade but decided (almost at last minute) to go for a DR650 setup with long range tank, panniers, better shock and dual sport tires. The reason for this is that Oz has an amazing amount of dirt roads where you can camp easily just in the bush plus they take you to some spectacular areas.

It was the best thing I've ever done and I didn't even do the entire country! If I can sway you at all please try go for a dual sport (DR650, KLR650, XT600, KTM 640/690, VStrom 650, F650GS etc). I guarentee you will not regret it. I used this site to source info : http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32
    Take a look at the Local Ride Reports : http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157779 to see what kind of roads you'll be dealing with. Oh and check these guys out for inspiration: http://www.motorbikin.com.au/

If you need any info let me know!

Advertisement