Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert 2012 syllabus

• 04-08-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi I'm planning on doing the LC as an external candidate next year, where can I find out exactly what books I need to buy for each subject? Is there a list online somewhere? I couldn't find anything on examinations.ie

thanks in advance for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭bren2001

lplates wrote: »
    Hi I'm planning on doing the LC as an external candidate next year, where can I find out exactly what books I need to buy for each subject? Is there a list online somewhere? I couldn't find anything on examinations.ie

thanks in advance for any help :)

http://stpaulscollege.ie/images/stories/pfd/5th_year_booklist_2011pdf.pdf

http://stpaulscollege.ie/images/stories/pfd/6thyearbooklist2011.pdf

Thats what my old school are using. Wouldn't get any other book than Text and Tests with the supplement in Maths. It really is a great book.

You need to check the ciriculum for what English plays are being examined this year. Changes for each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lplates

thanks for that, one question, it says for 5th year, do I need to buy any other books that students going into 6th year would be buying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭bren2001

lplates wrote: »
    thanks for that, one question, it says for 5th year, do I need to buy any other books that students going into 6th year would be buying?
    There is two links, two sets of booklists, one for 5th the other for 6th. You need to have a look at both e.g. 5th yeras get Text and Tests 4 and 6th years get Text and Tests 5, to do the Leaving you need both. (Granted if you are doing pass its Text & Tests 3). Same applies to most subjects. (I am only using Math books because I give grinds in them and its the only topic I know for sure about books)

The books used in 5th year are the core of what you use in 6th year.

Advertisement