Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Webapp] Creating 3*3 matrix of images

Options
  • 04-08-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Background: In the middle of developing a webapp using JQTouch. I'm retrieving images from the website and want to present this images as so:

[x] [x] [x]
    [x] [x] [x]
    [x] [x] [x]

The user would then be able to click on an image which will take it on to the next page.

Problem: Creating a 3 * 3 grid to display images (similar in appearce to the iphone home screen.

My CSS skillz aren't great and would appreciate any help from anyone on how to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

If the images are the same width, roughly, create three divs. wrap each column in a div, with a set width wide enough for the image, and set the float for each property left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Groinshot wrote: »
    If the images are the same width, roughly, create three divs. wrap each column in a div, with a set width wide enough for the image, and set the float for each property left.

Yeah, that's the thing there's no knowing what size the images will be. I have implemented a slider gallery (from source code online) which shows full images one at a time. So I am not sure how this matrix will behave - whether it will only show part of the image that will fit in the div or will the image be scaled down.

I would need the images to be sacled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Surely if there were ever a legitimate use for a table, this is it?

Advertisement