Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Will this only work on a Europa with CyanogenMod?

In my experience, yes.

I've tried the flash file using different stock roms, and flash would not work. With Cyanogenmod it worked pretty well.

A few points from my own experience today:

- Install a cpu tuner and overclock the cpu as high as you can (Be careful with battery temperature though).
    - Dolphin browser HD is the best browser I could find to use flash on. I've only searched for browsers through the market though.
    - Opera Mobile doesn't support flash, so it doesn't work.
    - All browsers will crash if there's too many flash files going on at once. So stay away from sites which have a lot of adverts which require flash to run.
    - Do not move the file to your SD card- it won't work. Keep it on the internal storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Apologies, folks, if I misled anyone by my comment above. I'm using the stock Android 2.2 and it dose'nt work on it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Just got 2.3 working :D:D:D

first of download these 3 links and copy to the sd card
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a1mr8af35cgaoxb
    http://www.mediafire.com/?22wx4p9x832ax2s
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dsc2mktx4ea79v3

second install clockworkmod recovery to the phone via odin

download EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops http://www.mediafire.com/?2tdb8fo8bjacid7
    download EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops http://www.mediafire.com/?mwu0eb53b9233d2
    download ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.5.tar http://www.mediafire.com/?927wz7u7cf6c76c

connect your phone to the pc and enter recovery mode by pressing volume down button middle button and power off button
    start odin
    select option One Package and down where is the tab with same name select ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.5.tar from the folder you downloaded it
    click OPS tab and select EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops and check Protect OPS
    Click start and wait.when the proces is finished your device will start in clockworkmod recovery

when your phone restarted in clockworkmod recovery go to option wipe data/factory reset and select yes
    after that select choose file from sd card ( or zip from sd card...as you see) and select update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-MADTEAM-v0.9-signed.zip
    next step is to install hot fix go again to choose file from sd card ( or zip from sd card...as you see) and select v1.0-hotfix1.zip
    with same step (choose file from sd card) select gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

after you installed all packages reboot your device and wait a few minutes until it starts :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm OCing your phone would **** an already **** battery right?

not sure if there is much benefit to changing from stock, will read some of the links thanks

Here's a website which has a long list of free apps from the Marketplace. You can download the .apk file and transfer it to your phone through USB, then install it.

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/apps

You could try out some apps which the Marketplace won't let you download, due to the phone being incompatible. But I've tried the Skyfire and it works fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it claims it is much faster, is this the case in people's experience? sometimes the phone is a bit sluggish and if you have a live wallpaper then it is unbearable

• Registered Users Posts: 11 psyke83

stevek93 wrote: »
    Just got 2.3 working :D:D:D

first of download these 3 links and copy to the sd card
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a1mr8af35cgaoxb
    http://www.mediafire.com/?22wx4p9x832ax2s
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dsc2mktx4ea79v3

second install clockworkmod recovery to the phone via odin

download EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops http://www.mediafire.com/?2tdb8fo8bjacid7
    download EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops http://www.mediafire.com/?mwu0eb53b9233d2
    download ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.5.tar http://www.mediafire.com/?927wz7u7cf6c76c

connect your phone to the pc and enter recovery mode by pressing volume down button middle button and power off button
    start odin
    select option One Package and down where is the tab with same name select ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.5.tar from the folder you downloaded it
    click OPS tab and select EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops and check Protect OPS
    Click start and wait.when the proces is finished your device will start in clockworkmod recovery

when your phone restarted in clockworkmod recovery go to option wipe data/factory reset and select yes
    after that select choose file from sd card ( or zip from sd card...as you see) and select update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-MADTEAM-v0.9-signed.zip
    next step is to install hot fix go again to choose file from sd card ( or zip from sd card...as you see) and select v1.0-hotfix1.zip
    with same step (choose file from sd card) select gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip

after you installed all packages reboot your device and wait a few minutes until it starts :D

Hey, I'm the CM7 developer. Just a heads-up that the links above are outdated. Always download the latest from my topic on XDA or Madteam:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1081995

I don't charge anything for this ROM (of course I wouldn't, it's open-source), but I do get some revenue from the filesharing sites. Please don't re-upload my ROMs unnecessarily - use my links to help me out (and also to be sure that you're not getting infected versions).

BostonB wrote: »
    Removed the screen protector, sensitivity is much improved. A long way from an iPhone, but usable now at least. I think my hands are too dry for most of these phones. The Apple screens I have no problem with.

Were is the message center config on this phone?

The battery life is pretty poor, even for a smart phone. That said I had a X10mini Pro for a while and that brutal aswell. I wanted it as a 2nd phone rather than a cheap smart phone. I've installed juice defender and its making a big difference. Be interesting to see how long it lasts in standby. Assuming I can resist savaging the battery playing Robo Defence.

There will be a layer of gunk on the screen after removing the screen protector which make it feel as though the screen is difficult to navigate. After a while the adhesive will go away (or you can try to wipe it off with a cloth - do not wet it, though).

hmm OCing your phone would **** an already **** battery right?

not sure if there is much benefit to changing from stock, will read some of the links thanks

Yes, that is true.

If you do decide you may want to try CM7 later, keep something in mind:

My ROM/kernel has overclock capability by default, but the overclock is not activated until you manually enable it. The phone will always stay within the original frequencies of 245Mhz to 604Mhz (well, the upper frequency is 4Mhz over stock, but it's negligible).

You're free not to enable the overclock at all - but what you may want to do is change the minimum frequency to 122Mhz.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys my girlfriends one of these has suddenly starting having awful battery performance. It had been getting 1.5 days roughly which was fine, but in the last 3 days it has been getting about half a day, sometimes less! She has it on change last night and after 2 hours the battery was at 63%! I checked and no apps were running and gps etc was off, only wifi was on. What could I do to try to fix this?? Any ideas??

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys my girlfriends one of these has suddenly starting having awful battery performance. It had been getting 1.5 days roughly which was fine, but in the last 3 days it has been getting about half a day, sometimes less! She has it on change last night and after 2 hours the battery was at 63%! I checked and no apps were running and gps etc was off, only wifi was on. What could I do to try to fix this?? Any ideas??

Did she give the phone a full charge when she first got the phone? Maybe it needs to be recalibrated.

On my phone, I would have gotten 12 hours when it said 9% because the phone incorrectly read the battery level.

I think you can only recalibrate the battery if your phone is rooted. I use Clockworkmod Recovery to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The app Juice Defender has helped improve battery life a lot on mine.

I just bought another of these for a relative. I signed up to fatcheese and went through their website by clicking "Get Cashback" on the Three page. However there's nothing showing in my account. Does it take a few days to show up? Or does it need to be a working day? Never used fatcheese before you see.

I see another pain is that you have no option now but to purchase a top up. Not really €39 then is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Saw that myself and wasn't impressed. I'm assuming that if you're an existing customer, you are not required to purchase the credit. I'm only a Three customer a few weeks, so it wouldn't let me go through their PAYG Upgrade option.

I just bought another of these for a relative. I signed up to fatcheese and went through their website by clicking "Get Cashback" on the Three page. However there's nothing showing in my account. Does it take a few days to show up? Or does it need to be a working day? Never used fatcheese before you see.

I see another pain is that you have no option now but to purchase a top up. Not really €39 then is it?

Mine took a few weeks to appear on the fat cheese account.

The top up is a pain. But there still isn't any other phone with the same features cheaper. Is there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

psyke83 wrote: »
    what you may want to do is change the minimum frequency to 122Mhz.
    I had loads of crashes and problems with background processes and issues like sleep of death with 122mhz took me a few days to twig it. Set it ack to 245 not a problem since maybe its to do with the baseband we got from three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Agree with those complaining about the battery, trying to use any 3g service drains the battery like crazy.

paddyp wrote: »
    try listing the files in /dev

ls /dev/b*

[edit] nevermined i just opened up the terminal emulator and got a similar result.

you can cat the block device /dev/block/bml5 but not sure if that renders a useful file as I'm not at my desktop now

its extremely odd if you ls /dev/b* then it list all the bml files fine and dandy but if you do try to access tem in any other way even ls /dev/bm* is says file or directory not found

Just to say that yes, /dev/block/bml5 does render a useful file. I have just found my unlock code. :D

I used Terminal Emulator to get the file:
    $ su
    # cat /dev/block/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img

The file was a little less than 25mb in size.

Sent the file to my computer through USB.

Opened it in XVI32.

Searched the hex code twice: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

A couple of lines down and it's there (27 lines down to be exact when the window is maximised). My code was on #11C1C0A

Well, I hope it's my code. I haven't tried it yet. :) But it must be because the hex codes are similar to the codes on the xda forum.

EDIT: Strange, I haven't gotten a popup telling me to put in an unlock code after I put an o2 card in. Could it be a Cyanogenmod thing? I'll flash a stock rom over and take a look.

EDIT: Success! I flashed over a stock rom and put in an o2 sim card. It asked for my pin code. After that, it immediately asked for a network unlock code. I put the one I found from the above method and it came up Network Unlock Successful. I now have an o2 connection. I threw the 3 sim card back in and that has a connection as well. No problems with booting up the phone either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

ShaneU wrote: »
    Agree with those complaining about the battery, trying to use any 3g service drains the battery like crazy.
    I have mine since Christmas with 3g and wifi on and i get 2 or 3 days with regular use

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Just to say that yes, /dev/block/bml5 does render a useful file. I have just found my unlock code. :D

I used Terminal Emulator to get the file:
    $ su
    # cat /dev/block/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img

The file was a little less than 25mb in size.

Sent the file to my computer through USB.

Opened it in XVI32.

Searched the hex code twice: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

A couple of lines down and it's there (27 lines down to be exact when the window is maximised). My code was on #11C1C0A

Well, I hope it's my code. I haven't tried it yet. :) But it must be because the hex codes are similar to the codes on the xda forum.

EDIT: Strange, I haven't gotten a popup telling me to put in an unlock code after I put an o2 card in. Could it be a Cyanogenmod thing? I'll flash a stock rom over and take a look.

EDIT: Success! I flashed over a stock rom and put in an o2 sim card. It asked for my pin code. After that, it immediately asked for a network unlock code. I put the one I found from the above method and it came up Network Unlock Successful. I now have an o2 connection. I threw the 3 sim card back in and that has a connection as well. No problems with booting up the phone either. :D
    If you know somebody on vodafone they can just log into their vodafone mobile acccount on vodafones web site and claim the unlock code for free..
    it is a lot less trouble than what you did :P

• Advertisement

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    I have mine since Christmas with 3g and wifi on and i get 2 or 3 days with regular use

Wow. Mine wouldn't last the day using 3G or Wifi. Using Juice Defender, and not using anything just the odd call and text it might last 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wow. Mine wouldn't last the day using 3G or Wifi. Using Juice Defender, and not using anything just the odd call and text it might last 2 days.

A phone battery that wont even last one day ?
    Its not of much use then ,not fit for purpose.

In my office everyone who has a smart phone, (and uses it as such) you will see it on charge during the day. It seems crazy compared to my E71 but most people don't seem bothered by it.

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    If you know somebody on vodafone they can just log into their vodafone mobile acccount on vodafones web site and claim the unlock code for free..
    it is a lot less trouble than what you did :P

There's a sense of pride when you do it yourself though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Not too happy with this phone, had to get the motherboard (or whatever the name is) replaced and now the phone is acting up again. The phone seems to think the headphone are plugged in so I can't make or take any calls.

Anyone have a quick solution (I've turned it off & on, taken out the battery & no joy) or do I have to leave it into them again for another week?

PLUS I never got my cash-back from Fat Cheese, I wish I'd never bothered with changing...aaagggghhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

You have given them an opportunity to repair it; time to demand a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭magicspatula

Just a few questions about the 'supersafe' unlock guide psyke83 linked to. I'm a bit lost on where to start. Here's the guide...
    Just found another way of doing it Someone needs to do it. Thanks.

In a DOS box (phone does! need to be routed)

See for temporary rooting EDIT2 below!

- adb shell
    - su
    - cat /dev/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img (BE-EM-EL-FIVE is about 25 Mb)
    - exit (2x)
    - adb pull /sdcard/bml5.img
    - now open in hex editor on PC (like xvi32)
    - find the proper block with hex search:
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF (2 times)
    Scroll a few pages of FF's down until you see the first number (unlock code)
    - my unlock code is at #1282C0A
    - put locked sim in phone, boot and enter code from above

I've rooted the phone with Androot and then copied the attached files to the sd card. I then typed 'adb shell' into the DosBox app. This just gives me 'This command cannot be run in DOS mode'

Feel like I'm missing a step. Any ideas? (Apologies, serious newbie here!)

Just a few questions about the 'supersafe' unlock guide psyke83 linked to. I'm a bit lost on where to start. Here's the guide...

I've rooted the phone with Androot and then copied the attached files to the sd card. I then typed 'adb shell' into the DosBox app. This just gives me 'This command cannot be run in DOS mode'

Feel like I'm missing a step. Any ideas? (Apologies, serious newbie here!)

DosBox? Don't you just use the Windows Command Prompt? If you're using Win7 type "cmd.exe" in the search box.

DosBox? Don't you just use the Windows Command Prompt? If you're using Win7 type "cmd.exe" in the search box.

Ah I get it now, thanks! I was using the DosBox app on the phone itself.

So I'm using the Command Prompt now. I've now gotten as far as....
    cat /dev/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img
    but it tells me 'cannot create /sdcard/bml5.img read-only file system'.

Why can't I write to the sd card?

Thanks again.

Did you figure it out?

• Advertisement

Thanks again.

/mnt/scared

for anyone who's following the cyanogen thing I installed the latest version and am having random crashes and stud I'd stick with 1.3 hotfix 2 if you've installed it.

/mnt/scared
    Did you mean to write this or meant:
    /mnt/sdcard

Did you mean to write this or meant:

Its this hp touchpad and it magic spell correction :trolleys:
    what steaming pile of cack their rendition of WebKit is half the time when I press delete on the special keyboard it takes the current line the return character and the last 'word' of the previous line and there's NO ctrl-z or undo that I can find roll on android.

[edit]haha the irony it turned :rolleyes: into :trolleys: without even showing me

Thanks again.

Do you have USB debugging turned on?

Did you download the Android SDK?

To do it directly on your phone, I found it to be a lot easier to use Terminal Emulator from the marketplace. Then what you type is:
    su
    cat /dev/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img

The 'su' gives you Superuser permissions so you can access the root file of your device. (But since you're rooted you probably know that already).

If that doesn't work or it says 'Can not find file', then the bml5 might be in a separate 'block' folder. Then you would type:
    su
    cat /dev/block/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img

Make sure you type everything correctly. It's vitally important.

Once you get the .img file, open it in a hex editor and find the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

psyke83 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I highly recommend this phone, especially at such a cheap price.

I'm the developer of the CyanogenMod 7.1 (Android 2.3.5) port for this phone. See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1149110

You can unlock this phone (100% free) using the "supersafe" procedure here (be sure to follow the steps to the letter): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=828534

As for things like tethering, etc. I don't know if 3G have gimped the stock ROM by disabling tethering (this is possible), but I can tell you for 100% certain that if you upgrade to CyanogenMod, all such silly restrictions will be removed and you can tether 3G data over USB, wifi or Bluetooth. You can even tether the phone's wifi over USB or Bluetooth (so you can use it as a USB wifi dongle too). Considering that some wifi dongles themselves can cost 40 euro, this phone is really a bargain.

P.S. I own this phone and the Vodafone Smart (I ported CyanogenMod 7.1 to this phone as well). The Europa is absolutely the better phone, as it has a much superior screen quality and Adreno graphics hardware, meaning that games will work much faster. If you already have the Vodafone Smart (you poor fella), you can find my port here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1259739

Got mine today, total android noob. put cyanogen on it but when I put my VF sim in no prompting for unlock code and no usable signal. I then went and got what I think is the code. Now trying to put original image back on (my backup restore failed with a md5 erros). Anyone have a three backup of this phone handy ? Going through various ones on web at moment but no joy - last one was an e-mobile one !!

cheers

edit : finally found one that would boot, appears slovenian and wont allow keyboard use (sigh).
    edir2 : now a polish one has worked, and I think it has accepted my unlock. So trying cm7 again now.

ok so cm7 rebooting non stop. Been at this all day so taking break now :(

Do you have USB debugging turned on?

Did you download the Android SDK?

Actually I hadn't downloaded that. I installed it and ran it and it still wasn't working. Then I saw I had it set to USB storage. When I turn this off it worked. Found the unlock code in the hex editor just like the guide said.

Thanks Maia Lively Rodeo, paddyp and ThinksAmoral for your help! I could've bought the unlock code but It's very satisfying going the DIY route. :D

dolallyoh wrote: »
    Got mine today, total android noob. put cyanogen on it but when I put my VF sim in no prompting for unlock code and no usable signal. I then went and got what I think is the code. Now trying to put original image back on (my backup restore failed with a md5 erros). Anyone have a three backup of this phone handy ? Going through various ones on web at moment but no joy - last one was an e-mobile one !!

cheers

edit : finally found one that would boot, appears slovenian and wont allow keyboard use (sigh).
    edir2 : now a polish one has worked, and I think it has accepted my unlock. So trying cm7 again now.

ok so cm7 rebooting non stop. Been at this all day so taking break now :(

Rebooting is due to not wiping cache and other steps as i mentioned earlier.

After I flashed mine with 1.4 it wouldn't boot past the android text, until I held the back button while powering it on ..

Cheers - I have done that frequently but will go over your posts again, many thanks.

After I flashed mine with 1.4 it wouldn't boot past the android text, until I held the back button while powering it on ..

Cheers - I am getting samsung flash screen then tiny android white text then reboot. The back button (to lhs of search one) at boot is alas not fixing it.

I had flashed phone correctly earlier with

Odin Multi Downloader v4.28.exe
    EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops (gave less errors than 15500)
    ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.5.tar

then installing latest dm 7 plus hotfix from sd card sourced from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1149110
    plus google apps

error during factroy / wipe cache says

make_extf4fs failed in dev/block/mmcblc0p2.

Seems common and not necessarily a show stopper.

Anyway not booting into any os fully at moment. So still be nice to get at the original three roms.

(boots into some slovenian one waheey)

• Advertisement

dolallyoh wrote: »

Cheers - I am getting samsung flash screen then tiny android white text then reboot. The back button (to lhs of search one) at boot is alas not fixing it.

I had flashed phone correctly earlier with

Odin Multi Downloader v4.28.exe
    EUROPA_I5508_v1.0.ops (gave less errors than 15500)
    ClockworkMod-Galaxy5-v0.5.tar

then installing latest dm 7 plus hotfix from sd card sourced from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1149110
    plus google apps

error during factroy / wipe cache says

make_extf4fs failed in dev/block/mmcblc0p2.

Seems common and not necessarily a show stopper.

Anyway not booting into any os fully at moment. So still be nice to get at the original three roms.

(boots into some slovenian one waheey)
    Back up the contents of your sdcard and repartition it with clockworkmod or try booting without it.

Will give that a go cheers. I have the phone fully operational with stock jpq so just having a breather before breaking it again lol.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys when I record videos on my thc sensation and send them to my girlfriend, she cannot play them on her Galaxy Europa. It says "Sorry the media file doesn't exist on the SD card. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Guys when I record videos on my thc sensation and send them to my girlfriend, she cannot play them on her Galaxy Europa. It says "Sorry the media file doesn't exist on the SD card. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it?
    Thanks
    I'd imagine it's something to do with the resolution... The sensation records at 1080p. There are laptops available for sale at the moment that cannot properly playback 1080p video. Something like a Galaxy Europa wouldn't be able to properly playback anything larger than VGA. It doesn't need to anyway considering its screen is only QVGA.

Thanks

That's the cock video filter its there to stop your private videos ending up all over the internet :D

Is hers running cyanogen or stock, in terminal emulator run logcat and see what errors are there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

How's the camera on it? Thinking of picking it up for my Sister for her birthday, she'll want a half decent camera, though I'd say anything would be better than her LG.

• Advertisement

rivalius13 wrote: »
    How's the camera on it? Thinking of picking it up for my Sister for her birthday, she'll want a half decent camera, though I'd say anything would be better than her LG.

Camera is terrible, tolerable in bright conditions but anything less useless

There are sample pictures here: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-europa-i5500-901047/review?artc_pg=6

Under reasonable incandescent lighting it will be worse than those.

That being said if your sticking pictures of your cat on facebook might be ok.

Quick update, had slovenian stock image on it a week, tried cyanogen again and it worked ! So I now have a rooted modded unlocked phone for 44 euro.

Happy days.

Just wondering what keyboard is everyone using?

Its a bit laggy this phone, is there anything you can do to speed it up. Moved all I can to SD card. Everything I can turn off is, via Juice defender etc.

Just wondering what keyboard is everyone using?

Its a bit laggy this phone, is there anything you can do to speed it up. Moved all I can to SD card. Everything I can turn off is, via Juice defender etc.

Mines not laggy at all have you underclocked it seems to cause all sorts of problems, definitely worth overclocking and smartassv2 seems to be the scheduer to go with.
    Could be a background service polling something too, check logcat after its lagging to see whats going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm using Big Buttons:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement