Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience on Homevision

• 04-08-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Ordered yesterday Homevision broadband package and telephone.
    Are they any good?
    Was promised free business class router(?), unlimited download (spoke them via telephone, and they promised its unlimited, and i dont share the line with no;one else since im connected to an "enabled" exchange in Dublin 1

Had Magnet earlier, was quite happy with the speed etc, but the modem wasnt so good, and restarted etc etc, and support never found any problems with it. In the begin, speed was like 19mbs and lately it went down to 14mb/s, and still they told that my line was ok (connected the modem directly via cable etc etc, checked w other computers...)

And Homevision offers 40 eur p/month 10mbs and telephone.
    Now i just need to hope, that my Sky Box accepts the phone line..

So i hope i didnt make a bad choice by changing isp..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

Wow I didn't think Homevision were still around !!

I think Magnet are pretty good especially since they got the new router (white) - old one didn't look great.

All the telcos are now using ADSL2+ so its unlikely Homevision will provide you with more speed.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Im not chasing for faster bb

That interesting with the new router, i was told repeatedtly by cc that the only router/moded available is the Telsey one, and that is not working so fine for me.

So im looking for more advanced modem/router and better customer service in this case. (and line stability ofcourse)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Just subscribed to them, so far so good! One question - the modem they provided is locked. Even though there are some nice features. Anyone succeeded to unlock? Or using own modem? For example, I would like to setup dyndns client on the modem. openvpn. etc. Anyone tried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Don't drag up old threads.

If the modem is locked by ISP, it's because they don't allow you to change anything. No asking about how to circumvent such measures. Ask your ISP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement