Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPPoE settings stopped working

Options
  • 04-08-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Last week, my router ( netopia 2247) was turned off and when it was turned back on i couldnt connect my ps3 to it. When i go to internet settings on the ps3 it will connect no problem through the automatic settings, but with the past 5 years ive been running it through the PPPoE settings which i want. Since the router was powered off, i cant connect through this setting any more. Ive reset the router and everything. Used eircom@eircom.net as the id and broadband1 as the pass but it wont work. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

tonydude wrote: »
    Last week, my router ( netopia 2247) was turned off and when it was turned back on i couldnt connect my ps3 to it. When i go to internet settings on the ps3 it will connect no problem through the automatic settings, but with the past 5 years ive been running it through the PPPoE settings which i want. Since the router was powered off, i cant connect through this setting any more. Ive reset the router and everything. Used eircom@eircom.net as the id and broadband1 as the pass but it wont work. Any ideas ?

Hi tonydude,

Thank you for your query.

To setup most third party games consoles (including PlayStation) simply follow the instruction on the Self-help Video Tutorial:-

Setup Gaming and Your Wifi Gadget

You may also need to contact the games vendor :-

PlayStation Support 0818 365 065 (local) www.ie.playstation.com/help-support

The following may also be helpful :-
    eircom Broadband Settings :

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

If you need assistance with any eircom related issue, please call ;

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Let me know if I can help further.

Kind regards,

Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Ive used all those settings as standard before and it has worked, but since it stopped last week nothing is working. Ive tried connecting other items through the PPPoE sttings and they just wont work. The problem is some way connected to that

Ive used all those settings as standard before and it has worked, but since it stopped last week nothing is working. Ive tried connecting other items through the PPPoE sttings and they just wont work. The problem is some way connected to that

Hi tonydude,

Thanks. Can you confirm the following :

Do you have Internet connectivity? Are you able to view websites on your computer? /or is this just a problem with your games console or other gadgets?

If you don't have Internet connectivity, what lights are on your modem? Is the DSL light flashing or off?

Please take a look at the following Support website if you don't have Internet access :-

Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/BBcheck

If you want to PM your phone number, I can check if you're modem is connecting to the eircom servers.

However, if you are able to view websites on your computer and unable to connect through your games console, please see previous advice; inparticular to lowering the firewall on your router.

You can also confirm if this is an eircom related problem through Broadband Support :

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, in case you need to follow up on this. Alternatively, let us know your reference and we can chase this as well.

Cheers,
    Ant

The internet on laptops and other devices works perfect but when i run any of the devices through the PPPoE none of them work ( it times out after about 2 minutes ), all this occurred last week. I have the firewall lowered and this has no effect on it.

All the usual lights are working nothing looks out of the ordinary

Is it possibly for eircom to put a certain ip address ( my ps3 ) into a DMZ ?

The internet on laptops and other devices works perfect but when i run any of the devices through the PPPoE none of them work ( it times out after about 2 minutes ), all this occurred last week. I have the firewall lowered and this has no effect on it.

All the usual lights are working nothing looks out of the ordinary

Is it possibly for eircom to put a certain ip address ( my ps3 ) into a DMZ ?

Hi tonydude,

Thanks. I would recommend that you contact the games vendor :-

PlayStation Support 0818 365 065 (local) www.ie.playstation.com/help-support

Also advise the vendor of our specific PPPoE settings below. Make sure you advise them that you have already lowered your router firewall, and that you have no problem connecting and viewing webpages on your computer.

The following may also be helpful :-
    eircom Broadband Settings :

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

This is absolutely a problem with your games console and/or other third party devices. You should therefore waste no more time in contacting the games vendor support as soon as possible.

Let me know how you get on, and we would appreciate if you post any resolution you receive from the vendor /manufacturer of the game console.

If you have any problem connecting to the Internet through your PC or laptop, please let us know or contact eircom Technical Support (1890260260 -lowcall).

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement

This is absolutely a problem with your games console and/or other third party devices.

Theres no problem with the devices its the broadband, your saying all my online devices connected through PPPoE mysteriously broke at the same time. Ive tested them else where in my gfs house and they work fine.

Theres no problem with the devices its the broadband, your saying all my online devices connected through PPPoE mysteriously broke at the same time. Ive tested them else where in my gfs house and they work fine.

Thanks again.

If you need confirmation if this is an eircom related problem please contact eircom Technical Support and have a technician check this aswell.

In my opionion, as you have no problem with your Internet connection on your PC and with viewing webpages, it would firmly indicate that you have and issue with your games consoles or third party device(s). If you haven't already contacted your vendor or manufacturer please take the time to check this with them : as advised previously (the following may be helpful : PlayStation Support 0818 365 065 (local) www.ie.playstation.com/help-support )

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, in case you need to follow up on this. Alternatively, let us know your reference and we can chase this as well.

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement