Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to bill pay...

Options
  • 04-08-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna assume this is a pretty embarrassing questions for here....but I want to move my prepay number to bill pay on Meteor, I tried to do it online only to find out at the payment that they only take laser for pre-pay phones!

So it looks like Meteor shops are fairly out of stock of the SGS II on bill pay which is what I want but Carphone warehouse have them in stock, so I just want to be able to go in there tomorrow and pick one up straight away.

So I was wondering what I need to bring along with me to make sure I get one tomorrow? I have passport, driving license and Bank statement that shows address, anything else required?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Nope, that's it, proof of address and ID

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the joys of the laser card - i hate the thing, it work 1/10 times i try to use it over here
    draffodx wrote: »
    I have passport, driving license
    1 of either of these will suffice
    and Bank statement that shows address, anything else required?
    bank statement is fine, just make sure it's issue date is less than 3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks, I dont need to prove income or anything like that? Will I require some sort of deposit or credit check with me or is it just signing a contract and away we go?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks, I dont need to prove income or anything like that? Will I require some sort of deposit or credit check with me or is it just signing a contract and away we go?

It'll have to be credit checked but that only takes a couple of minutes, deposit is random no way of knowing until you apply. Just give them as much details as possible.
    Your proof of address must be in the last 3mts and it must be something official like an esb bill, first page of bank statement etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

I work in CPW.

You need one proof of photo ID
    Passport or Drivers Licence
    One Proof of Residence
    Utility Bill such as Esb/Gas/UPC.
    May NOT be older then three months
    Have your name on it
    May not be over due
    Must have Date visible and account Number on it also.

If bank statement
    Must have your name and address on it.
    Cannot be older then 3 months.
    Must have a minimum of five transactions on the statement
    Cannot be overdrawn
    Account number may not be scribbled out

Deposits are not always there but be prepared just in case.
    Its a rough credit scoring process,
    Deposits can range from 50-300 euro with an average of 150 which is refunded after 6months.

On a quick note, 3's proposition for the s2 is much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks thats great info! On 3 I think they brand the phone though don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Nibs05

I have the Galaxy s2 on three and yes my phone is branded, when the phone is switched on the 3 symbol shows but i woundnt be turned off the phone that much to worry about. There are 3 (company not number of apps) apps already on the device, again woundnt bother me to much the planet 3 app is handy because you can go straight to you account without the internet and its free. A few others were on the device already.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks thats great info! On 3 I think they brand the phone though don't they?

Its not branded as in it's got a 3 logo on it, it has some slight software like Skype and Links to my3 but it's by no means anywhere like the crap you'd see on a Vodafone handset.
    Have to agree with the op's, Galaxy's S deserves a 3G network, meteor/emobile is a long way from being one.

It's like buying an M3 and putting diesel in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Disagree about Meteor/Emobile not being 3g.

I'm running my Iphone 4 on Emobile. I'm with Emobile since launch and the data was just ok but since they officially have the Iphone, my Iphone is running fantastically. Seems to be much better with carrier settings loded through Itunes, previously I hsd to manuall edit APN settings.

I've been on o2 with an Iphone previously and Emobiles 3g is far superrior for me. I live in Meath, work in Dundalk and frequent Dublin, bar a couple of spots along the M1 3g is constant.

My 3g speedchecks report 3mb down and 2 up. I can tether to my laptop and watch streaming videos flawlessly.

Advertisement