Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Opinion on this design !!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

I'm not a tattoo artist so i could be totally wrong but if your getting it that size i think that the face is a bit too small in a few years the ink will 'bleed out' a bit and you'll end up with a blurry featureless face so my suggestion would be to get it a bit bigger ,i'm sure a tattoo artist will advise you better on this . I really like the design though are you thinking black and grey or colour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

The design and scripture is cool. Where you find that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Evie90 wrote: »
    I'm not a tattoo artist so i could be totally wrong but if your getting it that size i think that the face is a bit too small in a few years the ink will 'bleed out' a bit and you'll end up with a blurry featureless face so my suggestion would be to get it a bit bigger ,i'm sure a tattoo artist will advise you better on this . I really like the design though are you thinking black and grey or colour ?

it looks alright on my monitor, haha different monitors different sizes ya know. :)

Wouldnt be into it meself OP. Its grand like, IM just not into religion, I'd say it would look pretty cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Why is Jesus on an anchor?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cbwex

Evie90 wrote: »

Thanks ,yea haven't really decided on size yet, but think il go black and grey with shading.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Why is Jesus on an anchor

The similarity of early ships anchors to the cross led to the development of a unique form of crucifix known as the Sailor's Cross or the Mariner's Cross.

Christ is our anchor in the stormy seas that can sometimes overwhelm us in life. When combined with the ship's wheel it also serves to remind us that He is our guide through those same treacherous waters.

This type of crucifix has long been a fixture for those who make their living on the sea.

The anchor is also an attribute of Saint Clement who was tied to an anchor and thrown into the sea, he is the patron saint of mariners. 

ulinbac wrote: »
    The design and scripture is cool. Where you find that?

Thanks, just spent a few days seaching round the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Evie90

it looks alright on my monitor, haha different monitors different sizes ya know.

Good point ha didn't think of that :)

OP ,black and grey would look really good and the meaning behind it is really interesting too .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

In short - Sure, it's something that you could bring along to an artist and use as the inspiration for a good traditional-style tattoo.

Personally I prefer colour trad pieces.

So il think il head to Joe in Waterford, has anybody had dealings with him ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If it's Joe Myler he's very reputable. There's an interview with him in July's 'Total Tattoo' magazine.

Advertisement