Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Visa payment

Options
  • 04-08-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello all, Hope this is the right section for posting this issue.

I ordered a quantity of silver coins from canada on the 25/4/2011 & I still have not recieved delivery. The website did state that delivery could take up to 8 weeks which I was fine with. There was also a postal strike in canada and the company made a statement on their website saying that there would be a further 3 week delay on deliveries. Its now over 14 weeks since my order was made.

I emailed the company on the 14 of july requesting an order update, expected delivery date, any info really. I didnt recieve a reply from them so I emailed them again on Wednesday 27th of july stating that if I didnt recieve a reply with the info I requested by close of business on Monday the 1st of August I would be cancelling my order.

At this stage I am only interested in getting my money back. Im not interested in waiting another week or few weeks for my order.

So my question is, Do I have a right to a full refund ?
    And, How do I go about cancelling my order through my visa card?

Thanks all
    Rich

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

You may be able to get a chargeback. If you don't receive something you can let your bank know and they will investigate for you

Here's the FAQ from Bank of Ireland
    http://www.bankofireland.com/help/faqs/personal/credit-cards/

I've had to do it a couple of times over the years with my bank (AIB). The process there was to ring their credit card dept. They'd ask for all correspondance and then do their investigation. It took about a month to get the money back.

If I were you I'd get onto the credit card company now. It's nearly 4 months since your transaction. I don't know if there's a time limit on these things so give them a buzz and tell them the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

You may be able to get a chargeback. If you don't receive something you can let your bank know and they will investigate for you

Here's the FAQ from Bank of Ireland
    http://www.bankofireland.com/help/faqs/personal/credit-cards/

I've had to do it a couple of times over the years with my bank (AIB). The process there was to ring their credit card dept. They'd ask for all correspondance and then do their investigation. It took about a month to get the money back.

If I were you I'd get onto the credit card company now. It's nearly 4 months since your transaction. I don't know if there's a time limit on these things so give them a buzz and tell them the situation.

Thanks Mick. Im also with aib. Ill ring them now if they are still open

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you tried to ring the company, instead of emailing? Email is a terrible way of doing business - it's all too easy for emails to get sent to junk folders, slip to bottom of inboxes or just be straight out ignored.

dudara wrote: »
    Have you tried to ring the company, instead of emailing? Email is a terrible way of doing business - it's all too easy for emails to get sent to junk folders, slip to bottom of inboxes or just be straight out ignored.

I havent rang. I dont want to at this stage. They will only try and stop me from cancelling my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I havent rang. I dont want to at this stage. They will only try and stop me from cancelling my order.

Asking if you've called them is one of the first things the Credit Card company will ask you, if you haven't bothered they will be less encouraged to do a charge back.

• Advertisement

Asking if you've called them is one of the first things the Credit Card company will ask you, if you haven't bothered they will be less encouraged to do a charge back.

I understand that but I have a family member who also emailed them a number of weeks ago and he recieved a reply which went along the lines of ''I assure you we are determined to get every order out as fast as possible'' ''the postal strike is a minor setback and we are pushing forward''
    To me its just a stall option from them.

I couldnt find a number to ring Aib so I filled out the enquiry form. I understand that Aib would prefer that I rang the company but its just not good enough from the companies behalf.

Advertisement