Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 Parkway

Options
  • 04-08-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the parking here is free or is there a charge? Ive found some info but not sure if its up to date or not.

It says the M3 parkway car park is free but the Dunboyne one has a charge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Its free cause no one uses it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ha ha, thanks for that. Ive never seen many cars in it so always wondered.

M3 it is so, hope my van will be safe enough there..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

andreac wrote: »
    Ha ha, thanks for that. Ive never seen many cars in it so always wondered.

M3 it is so, hope my van will be safe enough there..

I have used it and my wife uses it every day and never had any problem with leaving her car there all day. The car park is huge, I don't think they will ever fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks. Yeah ive seen the car park, bit ridiculous the size of it. Just wondering if i happened to leave it over night would it be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Thanks. Yeah ive seen the car park, bit ridiculous the size of it. Just wondering if i happened to leave it over night would it be ok?

Have seen cars in there at 3am in the past, assume people leaving them over night. I could'nt comment whether it be safe or not to leave your car overnight, sure where is safe these days anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

Does anyone know if the parking here is free or is there a charge? Ive found some info but not sure if its up to date or not.

It says the M3 parkway car park is free but the Dunboyne one has a charge.

Car park at M3 Parkway is free because it costs extra to get the train from there. Dunboyne is paying car park but train fare is cheaper even though the journey is very short between the two stations.

Big car parks in both but have heard that there have been car windows broken and vandelised in the M3 Parkway but not sure how much truth there is in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Shegull wrote: »
    Car park at M3 Parkway is free because it costs extra to get the train from there. Dunboyne is paying car park but train fare is cheaper even though the journey is very short between the two stations.

Big car parks in both but have heard that there have been car windows broken and vandelised in the M3 Parkway but not sure how much truth there is in that.

Sorry to drag up a zombie thread, but does anybody have any newer feedback on how safe it is to leave your car in the M3 parkway all day? Any experiences be they positive or negative?

I'm going to be commuting to the city centre for a while, and am thinking of getting the train from there to avoid city traffic. When I searched for info on the parking, this thread is one of the first that came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I would park there often and never have had a problem. Except for the odd muppet parking up close the the drivers door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Now they have half the carpark rented out (to intel I think) & that part is cordoned off, with the rest left for normal train commuter parking.

There has been guys working there minding the intel cars & letting the barriers up for the shuttle buses they use, but now there is also NCPS signs gone up for the intel side, so dont know if their getting rid of the guys stationed there (cant see the logic in paying guys to be there all day to mind that side of the carpark if your also going to bring in clamping).

In terms of safety Id imagine its very safe, Ive never had a problem parking there, & for as long as theres guys there all day I cant imagine anyone breaking into/vandalising cars. Even without them its pretty out of the way. I dont imagine it would be that attractive a location to thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Gatecrasher here, but where is this parkway you speak off and is there a train into the city centre from there? Where does the train leave you? Sorry but have a job interview coming up and its in the city centre and I'll be looking to commute from Navan and no parking in town. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Gatecrasher here, but where is this parkway you speak off and is there a train into the city centre from there? Where does the train leave you? Sorry but have a job interview coming up and its in the city centre and I'll be looking to commute from Navan and no parking in town. Thanks

Just park in the RCSI car park. I drive up from Kilberry to there and back every day

As for the train, it leaves you at Connolly station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I thought it left you at docklands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Vego wrote: »
    I thought it left you at docklands

It does but you can change at Broombridge for Connolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I park here everyday when getting the train into the docklands for work. I leave my car here from early in the morning until around 5pm and have done for the past year. I've not encountered one problem! Seems pretty safe to me :)

Advertisement