Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Energy Rating Surveyors

• 04-08-2011 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has got a BER cert for their house and if they could recommend a surveyor.
    I know SEAI have a list up on their site but I want to know if anyone has dealt with these guys and would recommend/not recommend any of them.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

just going to bump this once to see if there is anyone who knows any BER trustworthy surveyors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I was a bit unimpressed by some of the people I contacted off the website. Some didn't get back to me and others responded in ways that for various reasons I didn't really like, including one who offered to do the survey and award the cert, and added something to the effect that they could do the upgrade work as well, which I thought was not entirely desirable.

However the person I used was excellent. He did the survey and at my request acted as Project Manager to get upgrading work done - not the same as offering his own firm to do the work! I had never employed a PM but it was money very well spent, and I probably saved money in the long run, as well as avoiding a lot of hassle.

We ended up with a C1, which is about as high a rating as you can get on a 40 year old housing estate property.

He is in east Co. Waterford, pm me if you want the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

looksee wrote: »
    I was a bit unimpressed by some of the people I contacted off the website. Some didn't get back to me and others responded in ways that for various reasons I didn't really like, including one who offered to do the survey and award the cert, and added something to the effect that they could do the upgrade work as well, which I thought was not entirely desirable.

However the person I used was excellent. He did the survey and at my request acted as Project Manager to get upgrading work done - not the same as offering his own firm to do the work! I had never employed a PM but it was money very well spent, and I probably saved money in the long run, as well as avoiding a lot of hassle.

We ended up with a C1, which is about as high a rating as you can get on a 40 year old housing estate property.

He is in east Co. Waterford, pm me if you want the name.

If you could PM me his details it would be great, the reason im asking on here is because i got a similar impression from those that i contacted as you did. Most seemed not to know as much as i would have liked and others seemed unthrustworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

O Riain,
    Sent you a PM

Advertisement