If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DualView 3D Glasses

Options
  • 04-08-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya Richersounds :)

I'm just wondering if you can source any of the Phillips DualView Passive 3D glasses? i.e 1 Pair both lense polarised Left, 1 pair both lenses polarised right.

I'm currently enjoying Dualview gaming on my Passive 3D with some home made glasses,(swapped round the lenses on 2 LG pairs)
    But its not an absolutely perfect workaround....Wobbly lenses and so on ;)

Any Idea when or if these glasses will be available? As I know Philips are touting the DualView aspect of their own passive sets and surely those glasses will be better than my own current jury rigged solution!

Thanks Guys!
    Rgds
    Bryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bryan

This is actually something that we will stock - I'm just off the phone to my Philips TV Rep and these will become available as the Passive 3D TV's come to market - eta is September.

He cant give me a more concrete incoming date or pricing for that matter at the moment.

Once we have 'em (or when I get a confirmed eta and price ) I'll post up here on Boards.

Thanks for your enquiry and sorry I cant be of more assistance:o

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks Ash :)
    I can wait ;)

Hi richersounds,
    Just wondering if there is any update on these dualview glasses now that the Philips easy3d TVs are hitting the market?

No word as yet - still waiting on the info myself.

Once I have anything to report I'll be straight back to you..

Cheers
    Ash

Any update Ash?
    I see that some Dutch stores are now selling the Dualview 3D glasses (PTA436) are available from some Dutch based sellers.
    Any sign of release date or pricing for us yet?
    My homemade ones are doing the trick at the moment, but not as well as I'd like ;)

• Advertisement

Hi Banie01

Still no word as yet:o

Typical, other parts of Europe get the goodies first!

I've droppped another message to our TV rep in Philips and as promised in an earlier message once I have price and a release date I'll come back to you and post up on Boards

Sorry nowt good to report

atb
    Ash

Just heard back from Philips HQ:)

These are a planned October release, but no confirmed release date just yet - price is to be confirmed as well.

So a little something to report back!

atb
    Ash

Just heard back from Philips HQ:)

These are a planned October release, but no confirmed release date just yet - price is to be confirmed as well.

So a little something to report back!

atb
    Ash

Thanks for the update Ash!

Ash,
    Any sign of these showing up in Ireland pre X-mas?

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Banie01,

We should see these guys in next week!! :D:D:D

Prices to follow as soon as we know.

Can't wait to try them out myself!! (hmmm...too excited about playing games in work?)

We will probably demo these out in store some evening before crimbo. Keep an eye on our forum for all Demo updates.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Banie01,

Can't wait to try them out myself!! (hmmm...too excited about playing games in work?)

We will probably demo these out in store some evening before crimbo. Keep an eye on our forum for all Demo updates.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Thanks a million Nicola :)
    I won't be able to make a demo, but if the pricing is on a par with the dutch/central european pricing I will be buying from ye asap ;)

I've a couple of 'homemade' pairs at the mo and they really really do make split screen gaming a whole new experience!
    No sneaky glances to see where you're brother is before ya frag him! LOL

Nicola

LOL classic!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Banie01,

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Don't forget about me!!!! Will be looking at 4 pairs of glasses and the sender!!

Thanks Nicola/Ash!!

Hi Banie01

We should see the new PTA436 twin pack gaming glasses next week.
    They will be priced up at €39.99.

I'll post up once I have my grubby hands on 'em in the shop

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Sorry Ash,

I forget to mention the ones I need are the PTA 516 (x 4) AND PTA 215 (x 1)version:o!!!

Thanks,
    Hi Banie01

ATB
    Ash

Hi Ryanno

I'll makea call and see what I can find out re stock and price - will post back here once I have good info!

atb
    Ash

Hi Banie01

ATB
    Ash

I'll be buying as soon as you confirm stock then Ash :)
    Thanks!

Hi Banie01

I'll put you up on our systemas a customer order - i'll be prompted once they come in this way.

Could you pm me your name and phone number?

Talk soon
    atb
    Ash

Hi Banie01

I'll put you up on our systemas a customer order - i'll be prompted once they come in this way.

Could you pm me your name and phone number?

Talk soon
    atb
    Ash

Thanks Ash, PM sent :D

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Thanks Banie01,

Hope you got our confirmation PM. Anyone else frothing at the mouth to get fragging in 3D give us a PM, or you can buzz us in store on (01)4740788.

These are gonna be awesome!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nicola.

• Advertisement

Nic and Ash!
    Received the Glasses yesterday :D Thanks A MILLION!!!!!!
    Big improvement on my homemade pairs ;)
    Myself, 2 of my brothers and my son have been fragging each other for nigh on 24hrs straight!
    Tis a good thing my son can sort out his food for himself or we could be looking at a South Korean Baby incident :eek:

Hi Banie01

No worries re the glasses, glad your digging them - I hope you got a little sleep at some stage over the last few days....or is that what work is for eh!:D

Also glad your son is able to feed himself - I'd hate to be indirectly responsible for something similar to that link you sent:eek:

Happy New Year to you

atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.