Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY course

• 04-08-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good simple easy DIY course? Thinking of buying a present for someone.
    Location DNS.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

TR - B&Q are doing 3-4 hr DIY classes for adults in 20+ different subjects. €15 per session.
    @ Liffey Valley See the website www.diyclasses.ie for more info

I do work for B&Q so hope this is not contravening some advertsing rule, just responding to a question with a legitimate answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Most of the secondary schools have them running from september for adults.

Some are actually quite good. Trinity comprehensive in ballymun does a few good one's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Thanks. I just saw the B&Q one for changing a tap is four hours.

Does it really need to be that long?

http://bookings.diy.com/Builder/site/tab2.aspx?EventID=978612

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

Hi,

its a basic plumbing course, includes fault finding and how to fix and it does include changing a tap, but changing a tap does not consitutue the full 4 hr session!

its actually very good (did it myself earlier this week) and shows you what simple things you can do yourself without the need for a plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

The Tim Robbins?!
    Maybe Harrison Ford will help you out - he's supposed to be a master carpenter!

Seriously though, this crowd might be worth a look.
    http://www.facebook.com/DIYSkillsTraining
    "Various locations throughout Ireland" might include Dublin. (Excuse my ignorance:
    Location DNS
    = Da North Side? Did Not Say?? Domain Name System???)

• Advertisement
Advertisement