Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to Eircom gone wrong

Options
  • 04-08-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Recently returned to Eircom from Smart (Bitstream).
    Line and calls transferred no problem but BB has been gone since 22/07 eventhough there wasn't supposed to be any downtime.

Eircom username/password are in the modem but no joy.
    There is still DSL on the line but the internet light stays red.

Any kind Eircom soul look into it for me? I've a pain in both ears for the last couple of days from being on hold, hung up on and hopped around from bill to jack.

I work from home so I'm badly stuck. Had to buy a friggin 3 MiFi yesterday to try get the basics done.:(
    I'll PM account details to the reps when one replies. Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Recently returned to Eircom from Smart (Bitstream).
    Line and calls transferred no problem but BB has been gone since 22/07 eventhough there wasn't supposed to be any downtime.

Eircom username/password are in the modem but no joy.
    There is still DSL on the line but the internet light stays red.

Any kind Eircom soul look into it for me? I've a pain in both ears for the last couple of days from being on hold, hung up on and hopped around from bill to jack.

I work from home so I'm badly stuck. Had to buy a friggin 3 MiFi yesterday to try get the basics done.:(
    I'll PM account details to the reps when one replies. Ta.
    Hi kaizersoze
    yes a transfer from one provider to another should be seemless.....sometimes the broadband can be delayed.
    PM me your tel no and I can chase for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Done. Thanks Tony

Done. Thanks Tony

Thanks kaizersoze, will update you on this tomorrow.
    Tony

Hey Tony. Any update for me?

Ta

Hey Tony. Any update for me?

Ta
    Hi kaizersoze
    have just PM'd you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi kaizersoze
    have just PM'd you.
    Tony

Replied, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭themiso

I had that issue too .. I switched from Smart to Vodafone and there was supposed to be no downtime of phone and broadband.

So when I lost broadband I was very mad. Vodafone (and Comreg web page) said no loss of broadband.

Vodafone was blaming Smart.

So I contacted Smart and they said what they sell is package of voice service and broadband. And once voice service is transfered to other provider broadband is canceled too.

I've even contacted Comreg to inform about this and update what they say: no loss of service (broadband).

I guess this issue is only with Smart Telecom.

I've also been told that to have broadband successfully transfered broadband has to be active, so if it is canceled transfer might be refused or something like that. After all, thank god, it was switched to Vodafone .. took 2 weeks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

ive heard similar horror stories with switching from smart telecom they seem to over complicate customers switching to other providers its a joke it is!

Advertisement