Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help.... wuauclt.exe!

• 04-08-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭

Help would be welcome please.
    I have a pc in work which has slowed down dramatically. I have ESET NOD32 anti virus on the system for 3 years, fully updated and I also run malwarebytes and stinger regularly. The problem is that this program (wuauclt.exe) which is normally associated with Windows Automatic Update is running constantly although i have switched off auto updates. When I do a search it is in C:\I386 as well as the system32 folder. In task manager, processes it is at the top of the memory list often rising to 200,000K. The machine freezes. Has anyone any idea how to get rid of it as it is beating me!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Help would be welcome please.
    I have a pc in work which has slowed down dramatically. I have ESET NOD32 anti virus on the system for 3 years, fully updated and I also run malwarebytes and stinger regularly. The problem is that this program (wuauclt.exe) which is normally associated with Windows Automatic Update is running constantly although i have switched off auto updates. When I do a search it is in C:\I386 as well as the system32 folder. In task manager, processes it is at the top of the memory list often rising to 200,000K. The machine freezes. Has anyone any idea how to get rid of it as it is beating me!!!!!!!
    P.S. I kill the programme in task Manager/ Processes but it restarts itself and keeps sucking in memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Windows Update Automatic Update Client - you don't want to get rid of it.

Or if you do, disable the Windows Update service via services.msc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

Windows Update Automatic Update Client - you don't want to get rid of it.

Or if you do, disable the Windows Update service via services.msc
    Thanks,
    All solved. I did not want to delete it but it was running continually even when i killed it and using all the memory. I stopped it in services.msc

Advertisement