Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pastry Base Assistance

Options
  • 04-08-2011 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all, I made a few french tarts with the precooked pastry base. I now have one already baked pastry base left over as I have run out of the filling.

Has anyone any suggestions for a cake to utilize this already cooked pastry base, maybe a pear sponge?

I would like to try something new for someone special before she comes over.

Thanking you in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mewa

Chocolate tart-make a ganache and simply pour into the pastry case

Fruit Tart- fill case with creme patisserie (pastry cream), top with raspberries or strawberries or mixed fruit, and glaze to finish

Lemon meringue pie-fill case with lemon curd and top with Italian meringue

Walnut /nut Tart

Rice Tart- rice pudding, topped with vanilla, strawberry and rhubarb compote

Chocolate and raspberry tart- chocolate mousse with hazelnut daquoise layer and fresh raspberries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

All of the above..yum!

Or frangipan with blackberries and strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

mewa wrote: »
    Chocolate tart-make a ganache and simply pour into the pastry case

I'd vote this one! Mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

You should try an apricot and almond bakewell, there's an excellent recipe on my mams blog for it, simply amazing! Or any other flavor that takes your fancy!
    http://babsbuns.blogspot.com/2010/05/apricot-and-almond-bakewell-slices.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I'm a bit late with this, but you could make a caramel tart?

Boil some single cream with butter, while in a separate pan melt sugar down. Slowly add the hot cream/butter mix to the melted sugar, simmer for a few minutes while stirring continuously and then pour in to the pastry and leave to set.

Sugar:Cream:Butter ratio 1:1:0.5

The above recipe is from a French patisserie cookbook, I can't find it online unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Don Juan DeMagoo

Thank you all will enjoy trying them out soon !

Advertisement