Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 month

Options
  • 04-08-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Was considering moving to a meteor bill pay plan but noticed this little condition at the bottom of most of the plans "Online discount and free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts apply for 12 months" I've searched their site albeit not very comprehensively (as the information should be obvious) and can't seem to find the rates after the 12 months...
    I tried to ring Meteor's free sales line (1800 777 085) but it's closed at the moment and I kinda want to buy now. So can anyone point me in the right direction?
    meteorh.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

They're free for the first 12 months, after which point they will come out of your inclusive minutes and texts like calls and texts to other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

i took out a similar 12 month contract 12 months ago

i upgraded last week and i asked the agent to make sure i kept the free met calls and texts for my next 12 months and she obliged

i even rang today to confirm it and was told it has been applied alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I was wondering about this. It's a bit annoying they don't do this for an 18 month duration should you sign up. As 6 months is a long time to be using inclusive minutes and texts. For example, should one be keen on a HTC Sensation for 12 months it's 189 and 89 for 18 months. 6 months extra for an extra 100 for the handset but without the free calls and texts.

That said, there is always a 2gb data added to the 12 month tariff and one can download a free online text application which should suffice. I should probably get the calculator out..

Advertisement