Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BJJ conditioning with injured elbow

• 04-08-2011 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

I injured my elbow doing BJJ recently and the physio says I have to rest it completely for two weeks at least.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some BJJ-specific conditioning exercises I could do that don't involve me having to use my arms?

I was thinking running, sprints, lunges and the like but run out of inspiration thereafter...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

mickmac wrote: »
    I injured my elbow doing BJJ recently and the physio says I have to rest it completely for two weeks at least.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some BJJ-specific conditioning exercises I could do that don't involve me having to use my arms?

I was thinking running, sprints, lunges and the like but run out of inspiration thereafter...

Cheers

You could try and drill some shrimping without extending your arms and of course there's always sit ups for your core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

maybe drill stuff lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chuckjits

If your near waterstones or chapters, you could have a look at the Andre Galvao book drill to win, savage amount of drills in that, bound to find ones where you can rest your elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

chuckjits wrote: »
    If your near waterstones or chapters, you could have a look at the Andre Galvao book drill to win, savage amount of drills in that, bound to find ones where you can rest your elbow.

Off topic, but if you want that book then you should buy it online. I was in chapters last week they have it priced at €42.95. Amazon have it for £15.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Killme00 wrote: »
    Off topic, but if you want that book then you should buy it online. I was in chapters last week they have it priced at €42.95. Amazon have it for £15.99

Jesus thats a crazy saving, I more more less order everything (including books) for training online these days.. The are massive savings to be made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Jesus thats a crazy saving, I more more less order everything (including books) for training online these days.. The are massive savings to be made.

Try the Book Depository

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Drill-Win-Andre-Galvao/9780981504483
    €17.90 including P&P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭peteclarke

You read books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Damo W wrote: »
    Try the Book Depository

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Drill-Win-Andre-Galvao/9780981504483
    €17.90 including P&P

Thanks, I don't need that particular book but I'm a wagon for buying reading material and your the second to recommend this site.

Off to browse it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

On topic: If you're potentially off the mats for two weeks, rest and enjoy it. Use it to heal other injuries and give your tendons/neck/grips a rest.

If you need a fix of Jiu Jitsu then review your competition footage, watch other competition footage or even an instructional.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bken1991

Thanks, I don't need that particular book but I'm a wagon for buying reading material and your the second to recommend this site.

Off to browse it now :)
    also theres a 10% discount in bargain alerts:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339509

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭mickmac

Thanks for all the advice lads!

Advertisement