Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to create a "Boards"

• 04-08-2011 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

Here goes anyhows!

I wish to set up a website just like boards with different topics etc, a moderated forum.

Pretty much exactly like Boards except for a work thing.

How would I go about this?

I am on a Mac.

I am a total noob btw so be gentle!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

vBulletin is a popular one. Doesn't matter whether you are a Mac or PC user. You will need web hosting and a domain number.

https://www.vbulletin.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rikkit

The first thing to do is get some website hosting. You'd need to get a domain name too, though yuor hosting company can help you with that.

That's the basics... now you need the software. Lots of hosting companies have one click options to install board software so you needn't worry about the technicalities.

vBulletin is what boardsie uses, but it does cost a lot (think £300pa+ with extra for yearly updates) There are lots of free board softwares about too. The one I would recommend is phpBB, though MyBB has been highly recommended to me too. It's good to have a look around, though phpBB is the most widely uses and hence most supported.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement