Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready to get pregnant?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hay everyone,

I recently had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks which me and the hubby were devastated about :( We are emotionally healing though. The thing is we want another baby I dont know if it was the miscarriage or the fact that everyone around me is pregnant that is making the feelings so strong!!

He is the exact same even wants one more then myself!, Thing is I am in my early 20's and currently looking for a job and he has a job, I was wondering is there a right time to have a baby? I know once I procure a job we will be financially stable enough to bring a baby into the world.

Should I wait till I am working?, just the loss of my baby has left me longing for one. Any advice would be appreciated thanks! :D xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Hi Girlygirl. I think the first thing is to say that you'll probably get pregnant very quickly given your age and the fact that you can conceive no problems. So I don't think you should worry about that. And second pregnancies have a much lower chance of miscarriage than first pregnancies.

It's a difficult one. If I was advising you, I would say yes - wait until you have a job. Financial security can take away a lot of the worries of the first few months, and you don't know what might happen with your husband's job, especially in this environment. I wouldn't let little obstacles get in your way because there'll always be something, be it waiting until you have a deposit for a house, or waiting until your holidays are over or your work has gotten less busy - those are all small things that people perceive as obstacles because they're waiting for the "perfect time" and there never is one. But the skill is in seperating the big needs from the small ones.

But having said that I know that most of us are ruled by our hearts and I can understand your wanting to get pregnant as soon as possible. I suppose it just comes down to whether you could stand waiting another six months to a year to be settled into a new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi,a firstly sorry to hear about ur miscarriage. It happened to me on my first pregnancy at 19 and was very hard to cope with. Like u, i wasn't trying it was a suprise.. Secondly, no there is no right time to have a baby, there is always something going on that will make you or him say 'lets just wait until.....' but having said that, Being financially secure is very important as babys are so so expensive and buying for them is never finished so you need to be in a position to afford that without it putting undue pressure or stress on you and your partner. If you wanted to get a job, work for a year, save up and get settled into your job and then try for a baby but in a years time it might be you need to wait another year cos ur up for that promotion or whatever....so if you want to do it now, i say go for it! Iv us had a baby and when i found out i was pregnant i was worried something would go wrong because it did last time but everything was fine thankfully and my little boy is perfect so dont worry about that. Even the docs say that when a first pregnancy miscarries, it is highly unlikely a second pregnancy will miscarry so dont worry, and enjoy trying! If that's what you decide to do! Good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭novemberskye

Hay everyone,

I recently had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks which me and the hubby were devastated about :( We are emotionally healing though. The thing is we want another baby I dont know if it was the miscarriage or the fact that everyone around me is pregnant that is making the feelings so strong!!

He is the exact same even wants one more then myself!, Thing is I am in my early 20's and currently looking for a job and he has a job, I was wondering is there a right time to have a baby? I know once I procure a job we will be financially stable enough to bring a baby into the world.

Should I wait till I am working?, just the loss of my baby has left me longing for one. Any advice would be appreciated thanks! :D xx

i am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I also miscarried a few weeks ago at 7 weeks. I had only found out by a test that i was pregnant a few days before hand and i had told no one not even my boyfriend. I have moved back home and hav no job and my boyfried is always saying how he doesnt want kids for a long time. (we are both 26)For that reasoni was so scared of telling him. However i was kinda happy at the thought of having a baby but then i miscarried. I feel so sad now and my parents, his parents and my boyfriend are all saying stuff like oh it was bad timing, you gave us a fright, aren't ye lucky. I am more hurt by my boyfriend and saying how relieved he is we won't be having a baby.
    anyways i just want to say to you do what makes you happy this life is too short and you don't know whats around the corner

Advertisement