Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch the Throne

• 04-08-2011 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Who is psyched? Anyone got any leaked song leaks....hits iTunes aug 8th...

Which do you think is the better album? 6 votes

Watch the Throne
    0%
    Bad Meets Evil
    100%
    RaoulDrumSteve-gilly-09-Danow247mufcboy1999chasenlife 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Bad Meets Evil
    been listing to a few songs of it today on youtube to decide if its worth buying, imo so far what iv heard is great il listen to it fully later.

i have to say i really didn't expect it to sound like it does there's a very different feel to it kind of a serious dark vibe to it maybe its just me, i think they do them selves no favor with this Illuminati stuff that follows them around some of the track names, lryics etc all just pour fuel on the fire.

liking this one big time

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Bad Meets Evil
    been listing to a few songs of it today on youtube to decide if its worth buying, imo so far what iv heard is great il listen to it fully later.

i have to say i really didn't expect it to sound like it does there's a very different feel to it kind of a serious dark vibe to it maybe its just me, i think they do them selves no favor with this Illuminati stuff that follows them around some of the track names, lryics etc all just pour fuel on the fire.

liking this one big time

Going to purchase this later on after work. Looking forward to it. When these 2 team up nothing but classics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

Gotta Have It..:eek:

Pity its so short.

New Day.
    Thats a RZA beat?

Bad Meets Evil
    Hugh Cream wrote: »
    New Day.
    Thats a RZA beat?

ye its a rza beat, he's been unreal lately has made some top beats.

new day is a quality song, one of the best on it just a laid back tune great production by rza.
    Going to purchase this later on after work. Looking forward to it. When these 2 team up nothing but classics.

ye i agree there track record together is jaw dropping. are you buying it digital or the cd version? or is this even available through cd or is it a digital only release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

who's gon stop me and murder to excellence are by far the albums winners. can't believe it didn't leak before it was released. props for that one alone, you two. but still, only listened to it twice now, don't have a solid opinion but i like its distinct sound. very confident. maybe not up to mbdtf but they're not really comparable in my opinion. good album.

just falls below perfection for me, some great tracks but also some not so great tracks, more good than bad though, by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I got tickets to the Boston gig and with my tickets you get a free download of the album...listening to it now :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭floggg

/QUOTE]

Does there rumoured membership of a non-existent organisation keep you up at night or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

1 or 2 good tracks but overall not feelin this one..

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    1 or 2 good tracks but overall not feelin this one..
    This is gonna get hyped to death because it's jay and kanye, you can already see it on the forums.
    But I genuinely feel it's not that great, I wont lie there are a few great tracks but on the whole, from beginning to end there's far too many deletable tracks for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Slightly off topic but on the subject of tag team supastars did anyone hear the new DoomStarks track Victory Laps? Now ill be very interested to hear more from those two.. That beat on Victory Laps is very good..

I think the Watch the Throne album may suffer from the hype media fallout as everyone was expecting a classic. Somehow i dont think it is one.

Bad Meets Evil
    Does there rumoured membership of a non-existent organisation keep you up at night or something?
    [/QUOTE]

there's no proof whether its real or fake so until you can actually prove its non-existent keep the sarcasm to yourself but Im not getting into a conversation on the Illuminati with you on this thread, all i said was some of both kanye and jigga's stuff doesn't do them any favors in killing these rumors sometimes the videos, lryics etc imo that these 2 put out just stir those rumors up, i never said i believed it but i can see why people go overboard and start talking Illuminati about these 2 more so than other hip hop artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FlipFlop23

So the Jay - Z Kanye West Collaboration has been released... Thoughts, comments, concerns????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

I really like what I have heard from Frank Ocean on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dont like it at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

You already created this exact thread with the same name on the 4/8/2011

remember?

Going to make a third tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

op are you retarded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Fo Real wrote: »
    You already created this exact thread with the same name on the 4/8/2011
    Rather than complaining at the poster please use the report post function to notify the moderators so that they can take action. In this case I've merged the two threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Terrible album for all the hype. No standout tracks at all.

• Advertisement

Bad Meets Evil
    Sonovagun wrote: »
    Terrible album for all the hype. No standout tracks at all.

are you serious mate? i think there's at least 2 or 3 standouts, made it in america, murder to excellence and new day.

there is a few average songs on it though, the more i listen to it the more sincere my opinion of it will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think its pretty good, not as good as Twisted Dark Fantesy but still 8 out of 10 for me on the first few listens. (Love the Will Ferrell skit, seems to fit the song so well)

I think people are reacting to the hype (whether or not deserved) and taking the opposite view of popular opinion rather than reacting to what they are listening to.

The amount of people who said Twisted Dark Fantesy album was average in that thread was a joke.

A bunch of Hip Hop Hipsters :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Halfway a through my first listen and enjoyed mostly all so far.

Better than I was expecting (had a feeling I would be disappointed by this album)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hazys wrote: »
    I think its pretty good, not as good as Twisted Dark Fantesy but still 8 out of 10 for me on the first few listens. (Love the Will Ferrell skit, seems to fit the song so well)

I think people are reacting to the hype (whether or not deserved) and taking the opposite view of popular opinion rather than reacting to what they are listening to.

The amount of people who said Twisted Dark Fantesy album was average in that thread was a joke.

A bunch of Hip Hop Hipsters :rolleyes:

It's called an opinion.

IMO My Dark Twisted Fantasy was very good, but I wouldn't be going around calling people 'hip hop hipsters' just because they thought different.

On 'Watch The Throne', it's a bit meh to me. Standout tracks are very good but a few boring ones too. Its kinda hard to listen to the album all the way through cos it's like an ego party between the 2 rappers on 99% of the songs.

But for what it is, it's good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FlipFlop23

lol "hip hop hipsters" ... I really liked the album though its different from most of the mainstream stuff out there right now...niggas in paris and gotta have it = thumbs up

ps my bad for posting twice it was not on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Bad Meets Evil
    Im really liking this album. there is a couple of bangers on it! the drop in murder to excellence and the whole concept of the song is quality.

The beat on niggas in paris is one of the best ive heard in a while. that song has been blasted on repeat in the car just for that beat.

all in all im impressed especially with all the hype. will hold me over until j.cole drops.

Bad Meets Evil
    i bought the album yesterday on itunes, i bought 3 songs seperate ham,otis and made in america but yet i still got charged full wack for the album i taught they would deduct the price considering it came up complete album before i bought it but thats itunes fault not theres and besides the point i just hate this digital era id rather a cd any day.

the song illest motherfuc*er alive is 8.23 in length but the first 3 minutes are completely silent then the next 33 seconds we get that stupid peice of music thats on the end of a few songs, something that when i first heard on youtube taught it was to prevent people downloading it for free:confused: anyway it sounds beyond stupid just totally unnecessary kind reminds me of the mbdtf in a way and some of the pointless elements kanye added to certain songs on it.

after a few listens imo its a pretty solid album could be one of the best we get for a while. im gona be the first here to compare it against bad meets evil (someone was going to compare only a matter of time :D) imo its better than eminem and royce's collab even though i think lyrically and as far as actual rapping goes bad meets evil is a step above but i just think watch the throne has a bit more about it as far as structure and the actual quality of the music, just my opinion though.

watch the throne >>>>>> bad meets evil

what do you think?

be good to get a voting poll to see who people think had the better collab, can i request one mod or thread starter? i dont know how to make one.

think bad meets evil is better, to me wtt over shot its self, or jay and kanye had delusions of greatness.
    the album is solid enough i suppose but unlike bme which is short and without filler, wtt is over long with far too much filler.

lift off is weak, thats my bytch is skippable, welcome to the jungle is boring, ham is horrible, illest muderfukka alive is meh, primetime is trash and the curtis mayfield track is forgettable.

not hating just dont see or hear what other people are hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

terrible album......both kanye & jay have really messed up here as far as im concerned........there wasnt one track I can even remember the name of I actually found it that bad & I listened to the entire album 3 times....... pity because i really was expecting a good album :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

be good to get a voting poll to see who people think had the better collab, can i request one mod or thread starter? i dont know how to make one.

If you start a new thread there is an option to include a poll.

Advertisement