Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any opinions on Sonik

Options
  • 04-08-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience or owns any of the Sonik rod or clothing range? Saw it this week and Im curious what others think.

Thanks

Eoghan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

i had a sonic sk3 13foot got it when they first came out, eyes started to fall out one by one after a couple of trips, fell of the tripod and the top just broke off, didnt bother getting a new top section just threw it in the bin, the new models are sposed to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Im a big fan of the sk4 travel spin, have an 8ft two piece which i use for all my lure/worm/shrimp fishing & it has never let me down accounted for a good few salmon.

http://www.soniksports.com/category/78/lure-fishing

mixed reviews of their fly fishing gear though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

do you not find the 8ft a bit short? or is the river you fish really small? I use 12ft for worm/shrimp and 10/11ft for spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

Fish big and small rivers can throw a lure a mile with my little 8ft or just flick it out.

Its not an issue TBH because I like to play fish out before I land them, for example
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054960898&page=40.

The brother in law fishes for salmon with a 6ft rod & 6 lb line & rarely has a net and has a great success rate but he is a lunatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Regarding falling out eyes, Ive been reassured this has been rectified. There seems to be a very mixed opinion on them and Ive used them myself and though i didnt like it one day, on another day i fished better with it. Its hard to know. I need a brand that will be recognised and be high quality without being silly money.. Hard to find!!

Thanks

Eoghan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Daiwa/Shimano/Abu etc.. all have good entry level ranges.

Advertisement