Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good passport photos

• 04-08-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a machine in warerford that gives out good quality passport photos, i tried the one in city square today and what they produced was crap, so much so im worried they will be rejected so i want to find a place that gives out decent ones

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The chemist in Lisdugan Shopping Center does it anyway. I'd assume a few of the bigger chemists might also.

Boots in Tramore does, so I assume it does in Waterford also. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Sam McCauleys will do it for you, good service where they'll let you review the image before deciding on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I have used the one is tesco poleberry for all my passport sized pictures. Never had a bit of bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I've always used the pharmacy next to the cathedral for passport photos and have never had any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Pharmacy up be the cleaboy also.

All mine turned out grand but in fairness I am a perfect specimen of a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I've always used the pharmacy next to the cathedral for passport photos and have never had any trouble.

+1 for here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Got mine done in Lisduggin. They took a few pictures and even let me choose the best one. They also gave me some tips on the passport application. Cant fault them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

The Lisduggan shopping centre pharmacy isn't doing them at the minute because a line is being printed along the photos so they will get rejected by whoever does the passports. They sent me across the road to the Park pharmacy and I got them done there no bother. I'd imagine almost every pharmacy does them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

There's a machine in George's Court too. I assume it's good enough quality since I have my passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Adyx wrote: »
    There's a machine in George's Court too. I assume it's good enough quality since I have my passport.
    I used to love the little plane down there years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Do pharmacies do them different that those machines you use yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

The problem I have with the photos I took is that with this machine you can only fit your head, my head little takes up 98% of the photo space. My old passport photo includes alot of my shoulders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

IMO the machines take ages, and cost a bit more. I've used Sam McCauley, and the pharmacy upstairs in the Hypermarket, and it's been quicker, cheaper and you get to review the photo before hand.
    (The time I went to the place in the Hyper, i walked in the door by the photo machine and there was someone waiting on their photos to come out. I went into the pharmacy instead and got my photos and was gone before their photos were out of the machine.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Do pharmacies do them different that those machines you use yourself?

They use an actual camera and print them off for you. They come out the exact same as the ones from the machine but there's a human operating the camera and you can approve them before they print them. Much better setup altogether and I don't know why anyone uses those machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

IMO you are probably better off going to a pharmacy to get them taken, I know of three people over the last few weeks who had their passport applications send back because of problems with the photos. It seems they are gone more picky with them as of late. I got mine done in Mulligans Pharmacy on Ballybricken the lady was very helpful in knowing how they should look!

Advertisement