Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ISP should I switch to?

• 04-08-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'd be grateful if any of you could offer some advice. I'm not exactly an expert on Broadband packages/speeds etc.

I'm with Irish Broadband at the moment and have been for the past number of years. However the speed of it is doing my head in so I've decided to change.

I have no phone line and no intention of getting one, so Eircom is out of the question. I don't want any cap on downloading, so UPC is out too (only found out today that all of their packages have limits). I was thinking Imagine, but I've read several threads here and most of what's been said about them has been pretty bad. I had Digiweb in mind too.

Basically what I'm looking for is a broadband-only package with a decent download speed - fast enough for streaming (sick of watching football matches that freeze every 2 seconds), fast enough for a bit of FIFA on the Playstation3, has unlimited usage and if possible is under €40 or so per month, if that's at all possible!

Thanks for any help/info
    Gary

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

All ISP's have download caps, UPC have by far the best download cap, and they also have the best speeds.

Unless you're downloading dozens of HD movies on a daily basis then you'll never reach UPC's limit. If they're an option for you then you'd be mad not to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

UPC, but if you can't get that, get Vodafone. Then Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Appreciate the swift replies fellas, we have the TV package from UPC too it probably would make sense to go with them. I'll get ordering the 25mb/€35pm package tomorrow.
    Thanks again!

Advertisement