Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zxyel modem

Options
  • 04-08-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm currently with Eircom on 7mb package, I'm having a lot of issues with this Zxyel piece of crap: The connection drops constantly and the speeds are all over the place.

Is there any way of getting a new (decent) router out of Eircom as this thing is a joke? Failing that how expensive would it be to replace the thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭roonimirza

Same issues I have, you should also check your speed with some online speed check utility to make sure you getting 7MB, it was trick of words and scam by eircom, where they were allowed to use words like 'Up to 8MB, Next generation boradband'.. you may only get less than 1MB ..this is the case with me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

AdamD wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently with Eircom on 7mb package, I'm having a lot of issues with this Zxyel piece of crap: The connection drops constantly and the speeds are all over the place.

Is there any way of getting a new (decent) router out of Eircom as this thing is a joke? Failing that how expensive would it be to replace the thing?

Hi AdamD
    yes we can definitely replace faulty routers. I can have this tested and should be able to advise on this. Can you PM me your tel. no. and I will chase this immediately for you.
    Tony

Advertisement