Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steeples apartments chapelizod

• 04-08-2011 8:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭

Just rented an apartment in the Steeples apartment group in Ballyfermot/Chapelizod. Is the area safe/ok?- is it alright to leave a car parked? Upon my initial visits it seems fine, am I reading too much into negative stories about the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Howdy neighbour :)

Take a stroll around
    You'll see the shortcut to Ballyfermot is covered in anti climb paint, used to be my shortcut to the bus, it's a very high wall but if you're young and fit, people jumped it every morning. Alas, that is no more

You'll see the ESB boxes by Block C got new pointed covers last week to stop climbing.
    As the wasteground over the wall was cleared out as it became knacker drinking central. The gardai used to scatter them but I reckon they told the developer to clear out the wasteground.

I'm here near three years.
    The problems in the estate were always caused by kids with drink from Decies Rd, hopping through the estate and going knacker drinking down by the Liffey.
    And on their return in a tipsy rowdy state procede to kick off wing mirrors and mess around :mad:
    My little scooter was trashed one day, tried to hotwire it but couldn't break the chains. These thieves are not the brightest, surely you break the chains and then hotwire it. :confused: Fookin retards

There is thieving going on. Two weeks ago I was watching TV in the early hours and two kids outside my door trying to steal my bike. Fair play, a neighbour chased them off and told me, can't believe I never heard them.
    Three cars have been burned out since Christmas. One was vandalism, one was a getaway vehicle for a shooting in Clondalkin and the last one I don't know the cause.

The management company are pro-active. You'll notice the new anti slip tiles and the lighting installed in the last two months.The place was pitch black for years and you'd break your neck going down the steps some dark winter morning with no lights.
    You can call or email the management company and you won't be ignored, you'll get an answer same day or next morning so they are good

It's not a bad place, it could be a lot better and it used to be a lot worse. It's technically Chapelizod but to be honest it's Ballyfermot even though they are doing their best to seal the estate off from Ballyfermot. I'd love a pedestrian exit to the main road but never going to happen
    You've a car but you can picture walking down the hill and up St Laurance Rd, close to a ten minute detour if you walk and don't drive :(

Your car will be safe enough

Anymore questions, ask away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

i'm lookin at a house in the steeples.. where abouts exactly is this? is in the st laurences road place?

Yep, that's it. Up the steep hill

You should have been here when the snow and ice was around, great craic

Well you can drive down the hill but you're not getting back up it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

whats the place like these days? lookin at a house there over the weekend

Well, are you moving in?

They've covered the estate in CCTV, never seen an estate or residential street with so many cameras.

Did you request that before you move in? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

I am viewing a house in this estate this evening and am just wondering what the area is like now. The place I am living in currently is horrible and don't want to go moving to the same type of place.