Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danger wants to lift.

Options
  • 04-08-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

So basically i've always looked at Oly lifters and thought to myself hey, i'd love to do that. Gave up the rugby a few years ago, just wasn't enjoying it. So now i'd really like to get into lifting.

So i started a few months ago now going to the gym. Started out going once or twice a week and now i'm going every second day with the occasional break, life and all that :).

After a bit of research i saw the 5x5 thing suggested a lot so have been working off that. Plus adding in other exercises.

The squats i started out doing it with 80kg was well able for it, or so i thought until the next day, ouchy hams groin and back. Nothing debilitating just body getting used to it got over it in a few days and have kept up the routine mostly, always sticking to the squats but my upper body workouts have varied a lot just because i have a workout partner.

bench started out doin with 60kg. Same for row generally. Inc 20kg for bar in all weights.

All this has brought me up to today.
    5mins warmup on xtrainer

Squat 5x60 warmup 5x100 felt easy 5x130 tough last rep, no spotter so dropped to 5x110 5x110 5x110

Really proud of this today as i was ass to ground for every rep. Quads feel well wrecked good squeeze in glutes and little or no feeling in back so think my form is ok.

After that it was all shoulders and arms with the training partner, who had arrived late, was grand he wasnt doin legs anyway.

following all 3x(8-12)reps depending
    dumbell shoulder press 20,25,30
    slightly bent over flys 10,12.5,15
    bent right over flys (arms straight) 10, 12.5, 15
    upright flys 15 15 15 burning after this

cable machine tricep push down one arm and bicep cable curls. cant remember weight all low weight and high rep stuff

Then dipmachine 100kg 3x20

Bicep machine again low weight high rep stuff.
    Then shoulder press machine drop set to failure start at 50 worked down to 20 in 5 kg inc.

I know all that last stuff is all just fat burning arm pumping stuff, good fun though :).

My last bench day i think i did 90 for the 5x5. ive def done sets at 100 but not for all 5 though. I'll confirm this next time. last deadlift day i did 5x120 5x130 3x150 these arent done off the floor though done off rack while standing on stepper things so bar is a few inches higher than it would be if i were just lifting off the ground. 150 was really really pushing it.

Sorry for the looooong post i will be more succinct from now on. Bash away lads. i must look into lifting clubs in limerick clare area as my gym isnt kitted out for power lifting. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Meant to include vital stats, male 29 6'1'" 109.5 kg today. I'm carrying a bit of weight have been toning and shaping up but my weight has changed very little went up a few kg but have dropped back now from 112 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement