Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublinbikes is one of the most successful bike rental schemes in the world

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

John_Rambo wrote: »
    There is a mention on the link at the start of the sixth paragraph, you can ask the journalist where she got her real info.
    I only see 550 bikes, not 5000. I generally have an issue with journalists (from legitimate papers, like The Guardian) appearing to reference something that isn't their actual source. That press release isn't even from this year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

snappieT wrote: »
    And yet that link has no mention of 5,000 bikes or 300 stations... Does anyone have a real source for that?

Here's a link: http://dublinobserver.com/2011/03/wheels-set-in-motion-for-dublin-bikes-expansion/

If you want to read further, at the bottom of the article there's a link to the PDF of Dublin City Council's Dublin Bikes Strategic Planning Framework 2011-2016 -- which isn't even on the council's website!

BTW I don't think she's a journalist, seems to be a blogger who asked or was asked to post a guest blog on The Guardian's Bike Blog.

Advertisement