Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Keyboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

For me I like the wave style keyboards (careful though if you buy one cos the left shift keys have been made very small in some of them) although the Sidewinder does have keys where you can set binds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

of the ones there the Sidewinder and the Razor would be what you are looking for
    avoid the last Logitech as all the keys are shoved together and horrible for playing with

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

unless he is a hardcore rts'er he shouldn't buy a gaming keyboard, if he plays other types of game there will be no ghosting problems anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

This friend of mine, has had his Logitech Elite keyboard for 8 years, and he loves the multimedia buttons, sure he isn't a hardcore RTSer, but he does play a lot of games, and he thought that he would go for a gaming keyboard instead of a regular multimedia one... even tho there is a multimedia one listed on the links above. Could your suggestion be more specific perhaps? Brands or even models if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have the Logitech G110 which is out of your budget but i was seriously looking at this keyboard especially as i like to game at night
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saitek-Cyborg-Gaming-Keyboard-CCB44026U002/dp/B00361MN4Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312573419&sr=8-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

thanks for all the input people :)
    I'll ask him what he thinks and get back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Trevor451 wrote: »

I actually have one of those too, I actually only paid €25 for it xD (Long Story)

And tbh I'm not blown away by any aspect of it. Other than the backlit keys and the fact that I found a script which made them flash lots of different colours :) I haven't really found it of any benefit so far in actually pwning noobs.

I mainly play FPS though so maybe it very much depends on what type of games you're playing...

Although as I said earlier, it does light up and flash different colours :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Effluo wrote: »
    I actually have one of those too, I actually only paid €25 for it xD (Long Story)

And tbh I'm not blown away by any aspect of it. Other than the backlit keys and the fact that I found a script which made them flash lots of different colours :) I haven't really found it of any benefit so far in actually pwning noobs.

I mainly play FPS though so maybe it very much depends on what type of games you're playing...

Although as I said earlier, it does light up and flash different colours :cool:
    well yes they are a complete gimmick, they just have leds and some little display sometimes. I have a gaming keyboard as it was free, no difference from that and the 5e keyboards i have here too. Only reason to get one is for anti-ghosting, which is not needed at all for fps. still they look cool :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I should have mentioned that I got mine for around €45. I don't think I would have payed close to €100 for a keyboard :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭weisses

gonna try the roccat isku .... using a roccat kone mouse and it works like a charm

dunno about pricing though

Advertisement