Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean na Sagart

Options
  • 04-08-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

Hi,

a friend of mine was asking me about Sean na Sagart the priest hunter, especially about local places associated with him. I googled it but got contradictory accounts. maybe some one hear could be of of assistance?

was he born in Derrew, near Ballyheane or did he just live there? some accounts say he was born in Skehannagh in the parish of Ballintober.

I read his house or remains of it can be seen at Derrew. is there much to be seen there?

thanks in advance for any tips.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I don't know where you can find any info online but you can get a free tour of Ballintubber Abbey where they'll tell you of Sean, as it was his hunting ground and also his burial place - grave facing north and a tree grew op through it

Quite interesting really, don't know if they have any documentation to back it up but they're very helpful and friendly there

Advertisement